Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air canada Dublin-Toronto query

Options
  • 05-11-2015 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I haven't flown this route with Air Canada since Aer Lingus started flying it. One of the reasons I was relieved to see Aer Lingus take it on was because I have a young daughter that requires some entertaining during the flight, and they were the only aircraft providing direct flights on this route that had individual tv screens .
    At the time (over 2 years ago), out of the 3 airlines who offered a direct flight to Toronto (Air Canada, Air Transat and Aer Lingus), I found Aer Lingus the best of the 3 (having flown with them all at various points over the last 10 years).

So my question is this: has anyone flown to Toronto recently with Air Canada? Have they upgraded the plane(s) they use to have individual tv screens rather than the communal one hanging down from the ceiling?

Sorry if it sounds petty to some, but makes all the bloody difference on a 7 hour trip with a 4 year old in tow!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I was on an Air Canada flight that went to Toronto (it was only a via for me) but the flight I was on was on one of Air Canada's "Rouge" liners, on the way out that was an odd one, It didn't have any screens at all, rather they had a wifi network that you accessed on your device and then you could access the in flight entertainment through your own phone/tablet. Not an ideal setup to be honest, too complicated and unreliable.
    On the way back I was on a regular Air Canada flight and that did have individual screens, was much better!
    I will say it was a good flight and the cabin was nicely equipped on both legs (with the exception of the odd in flight entertainment on the Rouge flight) and the cabin crew were very nice, would definitely go with Air Canada again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I did Toronto-Dubllin with AL at Christmas. Every flight I've done from Canada to Ireland/UK in the past 2 years had individual screens, except for Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Every air canada dublin to toronto flight i've done has been in a old skip of a plane, no individual screens, old worn out uncomfortable seats. Service is always good with air canada but the plane is a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Cheers all.
    Yeah i think it's a "rouge" flight that I would be on.
    May end up having to ring them to find out...remember trying to do this before though with absolutely no definite answer given once I got through to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

To be honest I highly doubt they are going to tell you their plane is a heap of S**t. My parents were just over form canada last month and they travelled that route and said it was still the crappy old plane its always been, boeing 767

• Advertisement

You know old planes regularly get refitted to be more modern, right? The Rouge flight I was on was plenty comfortable, with the only complication being the slightly complicated in flight entertainment (It works don't get me wrong, but it's just not as simple as the screen in the seat in front of you, like in other liners)

This is the jet you'll be on OP:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/b767-300rouge.html

To be honest I highly doubt they are going to tell you their plane is a heap of S**t. My parents were just over form canada last month and they travelled that route and said it was still the crappy old plane its always been, boeing 767
    Did they specifically mention the 'tv hanging from the ceiling'?
    I'm more than willing to pay €100 extra each in order to have the individual tvs if that's what it takes.

Meesared wrote: »
    You know old planes regularly get refitted to be more modern, right? The Rouge flight I was on was plenty comfortable, with the only complication being the slightly complicated in flight entertainment (It works don't get me wrong, but it's just not as simple as the screen in the seat in front of you, like in other liners)

This is the jet you'll be on OP:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/b767-300rouge.html

Excellent. Ta.

If its a "Rouge" service, they don't do that, don't worry, and AFAIK Air Canada have upgraded all their transatlantic fleet to either have personal touch screens, or an in flight streaming service to use on your tablet/phone (only on "Rouge" services).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I flew Toronto - Dublin with Air Canada. I didn't find it great. You had to connect to the plane wifi for in-flight entertainment. The in-flight entertainment system did not support android devices. It only supported Apple devices. If you didn't have an Apple device you could pay $10 to rent one. It's annoying after forking out hundreds of dollars for the flight already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement