Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Tax Refund in Ireland - Options

Options
  • 16-10-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anyone know a good way to do this other than with TaxBack? I have had issues getting refunds with them before and have anecdotally heard similar tales since.

Also I don't care much for their 12.5% taste on what I'm due.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

try h&r block, thats who i used to use, they charge a flat rate unless you want the return immediately then take a percentage. or do it yourself for free, just download the forms from revenue canada and do it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I used one of the programs listed (for taxes while in Canada) that were recommended on the government website. I don't think it was either Taxback.

I called Rev Can about getting taxes back for 2015 as I'm about to leave. They said some forms I need will only be available in Feb. 2016 so wait for then but can do online.

Not much direct help...

Shame I missed you leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

You can download the forms off the CRA website or use Turbotax; Tubotax is self file guide, free for basic use 2013-2014 returns. Studiotax is a free software also but doesn't cater for non-residents as far as I know.

Advertisement