Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having an older girlfriend. Opinions on age gaps?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Didn't say I thought it myself - just that I think that's the angle they're coming from. More likely that she gets you to agree to it than sabotages contraception or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm 28 and my super gf is 30. She's 2 years and 2 weeks older than me and it's not even something that I think about and I thought this sort of age gap was quite common, even if it is less common than the guy being older. Only that I tend to get raised eyebrows when I tell some people I'd hardly give it a second thought. She looks sort of younger than she is and has younger friends that look older than her. My mother thought she was 25 or 26 and seemed a bit perturbed when I told her that she was 30. When my friend enquired as to her age he was saying it was unusual too.

I'd say something if a girl was like 5 or 6 years older but 2 years is something that's hardly worth talking about imo. When I was a baby she was still plastering yoghurt into her hair, we're at the same life stage etc...

So I was just wondering gents, what yere opinions were on age gap relationships where the girl is older. (not that 2 years even counts as any sort of appreciable "gap")

What are all these people asking the age of your girlfriend for? Im with my partner about 10 years, I dont think anyone has ever asked her age. They wouldnt get it if they did ask.

2 years difference mattered when you were 12. Not now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Too right. I don't know why mammy was surprised anyway because her best friend's husband is like 5 years younger than her. Sure you wouldn't even think of it unless you were told. I think its a non issue, certainly at that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Women live longer than men and so it probably makes more sense than being similarly aged or the guy being older.

Is that not just a trick of the statistics though? Like as in men would tend to drink and smoke more, be involved in accidents and work in higher risk occupations? Rather than the actual gender itself being responsible?

• Advertisement

Is that not just a trick of the statistics though? Like as in men would tend to drink and smoke more, be involved in accidents and work in higher risk occupations? Rather than the actual gender itself being responsible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement