Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best toilets in a pub

• 31-01-2013 12:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the coolest features in a pub there where a publican asked people what they would like to see in a pub and most of the responses said decent toilets, I ask you the people of AH, which pub featured the best toilets and why?

And Im not talking about pubs that are part of hotels or anything where they have to have decent toilets to maintain their star rating. Im talking (excuse the pun) bog standard pubs.

Which pub has the best, most decent toilet and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Not so much a pub but...

When the Wrights Venue in North Dublin first open it had a unisex toilet ..
    I will leave it to the imagination why it was a great feature to the club :P

There is no longer a unisex toilet in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Flynns pub in Ferrybank, just outside Waterford city.

The pub itself would be a fairly traditional pub. Old enough style.
    Then you walk into the toilets, and you experience ultra modern, spotless white tiles, the works. There's even one of those dyson Airblde driers.

It's just the contrast between old man pub, and swanky jacks that make urinating such a delightful experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Morgue, Templeogue, South Dublin. Always found the toilets in that place to be pretty clean and never messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

McGings in Westport, front of the place is someone's sitting room, complete with picture of JFK and Jackie over the fireplace. Went out to the bog after a couple of pints, expecting not much, but they were spotless and modern. Nice pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'll be basing my next night out on this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Any pub with disabled toilets... they're always more comfortable with more leg room, own sink and dryer etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Because you like listening to girls poop? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There's even one of those dyson Airblde driers.

Have a look into one of those blade dryers next time you see one :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The church and zanzibar both have fairly posh jacks, only decent thing about them though

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

I like any of those toilets that have the hole on the side of the cubicle you can stick your lad in to clean it, its like a bidet for men. You usually have to give the wall a couple of bangs to get it going though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Because you like listening to girls poop? :eek:

who takes a crap in a club?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Username567

pmcmahon wrote: »

I have, only when absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

There's a bar in Prague that has padded headrests over the urinals for when you are a bit 'tired and emotional' and need some support as you piss.

There was also a bar that had a deep funnel shaped sink just inside the door to the jacks if you couldn't make it all the way inside to puke. Clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Somewhere with a bit of decent knee-to-door room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Loads of people.

They've very loose bowels in the Wright Venue I hear.. Probably because Sunnydub1 used to spike the drinks with laxatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the yacht, clontarf, north dublin.

pristine and very suited to the yuppie locals

after working in pubs most of my life i can confirm the ladies is always the most filthy after a busy night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The irony of such a comment by the admiral of the fleet isn't lost on me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

it's called a party poop

• Registered Users Posts: 24 channro

Bogs in my local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Anywhere with a nice smooth flat surface above the cistern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

channro wrote: »
    Bogs in my local

Is your local Mountjoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Any sort of basic jacks are grand IMO, given that the majority aren't going to spend very long in them either way.The only complaints I have with the ones in bars, clubs or restaurants are those bloody toilet attendants. Wish they'd be gotten rid of.

As long as the jacks are clean and in good condition with everything working then thats good enough for me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I can never remember the toilets of any place I go to. I refuse to break the seal until I'm pissed drunk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 channro

enda1 wrote: »
    Is your local Mountjoy?

Small town in Donegal. The room is about twice the size of what's in the photo - just enough space for a small sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

There is a bar in Hong Kong (The felix bar - in the Peninsula hotel admittedly ...I know I read the OP) where the men's urinal is the window of the building. You are going to the toilets about 30 floors up pi$$ng on what seems like the window. Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

Massimos in Galway- the urinals are made to look like open mouths.
    Interesting enough for us ladies to want a look!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

One that hasn't open yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

They always seem to be a bit intimate and cramped, iirc. I like some of the cubicles in Japan, with the old electric toilet. Buttons to warm seat/adjust spray/bidet mode. Very comforting on the old bum if you've just had a violent poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

t

after working in pubs most of my life i can confirm the ladies is always the most filthy after a busy night

+1 to that, unbelievable the mess they make, fcukin animals are cleaner than those jacks.

Best jacks I've ever seen was in madhouse club in Hamburg about 15 years ago. The mens urinals were up against a glass wall, the top half was frosted, the bottom bit was clear. The other side of the wall was in the womens jacks, so they could essentially check your cock out will you had a wazz!

Crazy Krauts indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

docmol wrote: »

Porterhouse on Nassau Street has the same decals, it's pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Not so much a pub but...

There is no longer a unisex toilet in the club.

I'd say too many women giving out about the smell ended that one..

What's with the sinks facing out to the bar! I was very drunk when I realised this and found it somewhat amusing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I agree about the ladies being more work to clean up, but the lads generally tend to cause more damage or are more likely to leave something behind you would not find in the ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

dollypet wrote: »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524941_3975848509746_721903073_n.jpg

Here! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Meh. So long as there's a hole to piss in on a night out, I'm not worried about how aesthetically appealing it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Meh. So long as there's a hole to piss in on a night out, I'm not worried about how aesthetically appealing it is.

Well as long as your not using the sink, im fine with that :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

dollypet wrote: »
    I've yet not used one of those, I just use the regular ones next to them.
    The whole concept of those mouths is just messed up, who the hell thought that would be a good idea..

The toilets in Town House are good.

• Site Banned Posts: 49 johnnycarrick

I saw a picture of a pub toilets once that had urinals shaped like women's mouths with lipstick lips, so it was like peeing in a girls mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Garzard wrote: »
    .The only complaints I have with the ones in bars, clubs or restaurants are those bloody toilet attendants. Wish they'd be gotten rid of.

Yes, I wouldn't be a fan of this phenomenon.

juan.kerr wrote: »

Well they have to do something after they knock off from a day of selling the Evening Herald at traffic lights.

• Advertisement

juan.kerr wrote: »

Why wouldn't you be a fan of toilet attendants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

old hippy wrote: »

Why wouldn't you be a fan of toilet attendants?

I don't like someone expecting me to pay a euro for a paper towel or a spray of Eau de Lidl; regardless of the colour of their skin because I know that's what's you're thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I like some of the cubicles in Japan, with the old electric toilet. Buttons to warm seat/adjust spray/bidet mode. Very comforting on the old bum if you've just had a violent poo.

Yeah great toilets in Japan. Although I got a big jet of water in the face the first time using one of the bidet ones. I mistook the bidet button for the flusher. It's a pretty powerful bidet!

I loved the urinals at a nightclub in Fukuoka in Japan. You basically peed up against a one-way see through wall on the other side of which was the dancefloor. Very unusual feeling!

Yeah great toilets in Japan. Although I got a big jet of water in the face the first time using one of the bidet ones. I mistook the bidet button for the flusher. It's a pretty powerful bidet!

I loved the urinals at a nightclub in Fukuoka in Japan. You basically peed up against a one-way see through wall on the other side of which was the dancefloor. Very unusual feeling!

LOL! I'm off to Kyushu myself in a few months, so hopefully I'll have some interesting toilet interfaces to regale folk with ;)

If I had the money, I'd have those toilets installed everywhere. They really are genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's rare that you find a decent blokes toilet. They're usually disgusting.

Airitech wrote: »
    I don't like someone expecting me to pay a euro for a paper towel or a spray of Eau de Lidl; regardless of the colour of their skin because I know that's what's you're thinking.

I wasn't asking you but here's the deal - you don't have to use the products & you don't have to tip. Same as goes for the posh hotels and restaurants all around the world. It's up to you whether you indulge in an etiquette or not.

smash wrote: »

So true, well at the end of a night anyway. Its one of mans great pleasures in life. Filling himself full of drink, then missing the target of the toilet bowl or urinal.
    Wouldn't do it at home in the bathroom, but your girlfriend isn't going to see you pee over the floor in the pub is she? Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

I wasn't asking you but here's the deal - you don't have to use the products & you don't have to tip. Same as goes for the posh hotels and restaurants all around the world. It's up to you whether you indulge in an etiquette or not.

There is a world of difference between attendants in upmarket venues and those you find in Irish nightclub bathrooms; the main one being the former won't verbal abuse you if you choose not to avail of their services. Another is the quality of the products they have.

I have found most people don't want toilet attendants there. The attendants themselves have to put up with a lot of crap. It makes for an unpleasant situation all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Airitech wrote: »

Indeed, old hippy is a member of the brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

smash wrote: »

It's rare that you find a decent ladies toilet.
    If I told you the things I have came across in public ladies toilets, and work toilet you would all look at very well dressed professional woman differently :rolleyes:

Worse then Men IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement