Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amplitube v. NI Guitar Rig

Options
  • 22-01-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Software plug-in amp modellers and effects etc....Amplitube seems to get the better reviews, but the demo is weak IMO. NI Guitar Rig has a rubbish demo too, but it seems to have a better sound (although I used it with my new interface the M-audio Firewire 410 which probably made a difference).

It's a lot of wedge to be lashing out on a computer program, but I'm leaning towards the Guitar Rig. Plus it has a hardware foot controller with expression pedal.

Anyone got one of these packages that can help me avoid making a mistake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

I have both amplitube and guitar rig (v1.2 with the distortion update) and must say I love guitar rig (when used standalone, cubase really seems to change its sound so I usually havta patch it in instead of running it within cubase)! Since getting it I have stopped using my boss GT-3, Ds-1, Sd-1 and electroharmonix smallstone phaser and currently run my guitar through an electroharmonix guitar synth -> Boss DD-6 delay (Im a huge delay fan and prefer this to guitar rigs delay) -> Guitar Rig Footpedal. Its something you really need to experiment with to achieve a good sound (cept for the gain for riffs 1 preset if you have that, its excellent!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

full version of amplitube comes with a foot pedal too.. i have amplitube and i love it.. i don't have any experience with guitarig but the demo they have on the NI site sounds ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Amp Farm.

Let it be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Yeah amp farm is ****ing class. Pity its only available as a TDM plug in :(

Advertisement