Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instrument Magazines

• 21-01-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Does anybody get instrument magazines? I play guitar and I get 'Guitar & Bass' - that's what it's called. It used to be just Guitar but they added a small bass section. I think this mag is great! Any other good guitarmags to look out for?

And readers of the same magazine as I:
    Has anyone built the DIY guitar it teaches in the magazine?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Rarely buy guitar mags any more. I get all I want and need online. Sometimes, I'll buy Guitar World if they have a few interesting interviews but that's very rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Ok, thanks for repling! I think I bought Guitar World once....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Admittedly, it is full of ads but then again, I like looking at pictures :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I used to buy Total Guitar a lot but I got bored of it. They don't transcribe any good songs anymore and it was a waste of a tenner or whatever because I usually bought it when they had transcriptions of songs I like but I never learned the songs anyway. *inhale* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Rarely... I recently got a 'Guitarist' but before that, it was an issue of Guitar Buyer I bought back in 03.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

www.harmony-central.com is all you need IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Have a few issues of Total Guitar, got guitarist once and last year i bought a good few issues of Guitar Buyer.
    They're not really worth the money though. The reviews generally feature instruments/equipment that you won't find in the irish shops to try out, which is pretty sucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah, I agree..and the guitars are generally way out of my price tag..but I like to fabtasize..:-)

So no-one has bought the mag I get? I was just wonderin also if anyone did build the guitar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Haven't got the mag myself, but I am planning to do a bit of a DIY job very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Being from mitchelstown, im lucky to be able to buy metal hammer, even lucker to get terrorizer, so chances of me getting a bass magazine are none. No slim, just none. But any of my trips to 'the big city' usually involve me forgetting to go into easons for a magazine, but i have gotten Bass Guitar Magazine the odd time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement