Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail to Gmail

Options
  • 01-10-2015 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Someone I know has recently joined the world of Android, & as such, has set up a Gmail account for use with the device/account etc. The question is, this person has a previous & active hotmail account...can the two accounts be somehow connected so that when the hotmail address gets an email, the gmail account will also receive it & push a notification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

You can get forward mail from hotmail to gmail, but look on the play store for the outlook app, it's what Microsoft calls hotmail now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Select “Forward your mail to another email account.” Enter the email address where you want all your Outlook.com (and Hotmail) email to be forwarded. Select whether you want to keep the forwarded email in your Outlook.com inbox or not.
    You can also set gmail up to 'send as' the hotmail address so people see it as coming from hotmail.
    Google the steps and its pretty easy to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,901 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've Gmail and Hotmail running on all devices. On the newer versions of Android the Gmail app can access both accounts so you get notifications for whichever receives an email. On my phone, a one plus one, there's an email app which I use for hotmail and the Gmail goes to the Gmail app, I'm sure that they could be merged but I'm used to it now. On my tablet they all just go to the Gmail app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you go into settings on Gmail you can set up other accounts "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)"

This will forward all present emails to google and will keep forwarding new ones. There is also an option to just import new ones and not the old ones.

Advertisement