Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 230/630

Options
  • 23-09-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I was on the Garmin site on my phone a short while ago and in the shop I spotted a Forerunner 230 and 630. No photos, but the specs seem to be similar to their predecessors, with the addition of ConnectIQ support.

Forerunner 630 comes in Black/White and Midnight Blue, 230 comes in Black/White, Purple Strike and Force Yellow.

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Bit underwhelming tbh, I might have been tempted if it had the optical hrm off the 225 but activity tracker stuff is of no real interest to me.

Interesting that the 230 looks to have less features than the 225!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I was keeping an eye on the Garmin 620 forum and so far they've removed a thread with the 630 specs twice :)

For the record, this is what was posted on their UK website:
    GPS Smartwatch with Advanced Running Metrics
    Touchscreen GPS running watch with a high resolution colour display
    Advanced running dynamics¹ include ground contact time balance, stride length and vertical ratio
    Features stress score, performance condition and lactate threshold²
    Connected features³: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, live tracking, audio prompts, smart notifications and social media sharing
    Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ™

Physical dimensions 45 x 45 x 11.7 mm
    Display size, WxH 1.23″ (31.1 mm) diameter
    Display resolution, WxH 215 x 180 pixels

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

Until my present Garmin gives up the ghost....I'll pass on an upgrade..... :-)

Advertisement