Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Jacket

Options
  • 16-09-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I'm looking for a running jacket for when it gets colder. I was in Elvery's the other day and their selection wasn't great, the same for Champion, Lifestyle and JD. Where would be best? I'd prefer bricks and mortar so I can fit it on, make sure it's light enough, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dublin9210

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Dublin9210 wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Dublin 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Dublin 3

Runways on Parnell Street, Runlogic Temple Bar, The Run Hub Ashtown and Base2Race/Amphibian King in Ballymount all spring to mind. Could be lucky and see something in TK Maxx too, although that's random.
    Also if you're willing to wait a few weeks there is always good stuff for sale at the Dublin Marathon Expo in the RDS, anyone can go in to that, you don't have to be signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Runways on Parnell Street, Runlogic Temple Bar, The Run Hub Ashtown and Base2Race/Amphibian King in Ballymount all spring to mind. Could be lucky and see something in TK Maxx too, although that's random.
    Also if you're willing to wait a few weeks there is always good stuff for sale at the Dublin Marathon Expo in the RDS, anyone can go in to that, you don't have to be signed up.

Cheers, I'll have a look. I may go to that expo either way; thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I find that most running jackets are too hot when you're moving.
    Recently got a gilet from Aldi or Lidl, can't remember which, and I find I used it more during our cold summer than any jacket.
    Its really good to keep your core warm while you're getting going while allowing some cooling air through.

Its not ideal size wise, its a little big, but had found it very hard to find a running gilet anywhere. Cycling ones tend to be too long and hang down over your shorts, as they are designed to cover someone who's leaning over the handlebars.
    I have a bunch of now mostly unused jackets sitting in my drawer at home. I'll take one to a speed session to throw on while doing a warm down, but that's about it.

Autumn has been warmer than summer though so not even using the gilet at the moment.
    When the depths of winter comes, I'll likely still use the gilet with a long sleeve top if its that cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Not B&M but Running Jackets under £30 on sportsshoes.com

http://www.sportsshoes.com/products/z/z/running/jackets-and-gilets/?p=4&s=4&l=20

H&M actually have some nice running clothing - the shop off college green has the biggest selection.

this sort of stuff

http://www.hm.com/gb/products/men/sportswear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Do they usually have good deals at this? I'd been looking to pick up a few new bits in the new week or so but can happily wait if there's good deals to be had.

Advertisement