Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Problem

Options
  • 11-09-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I dont no if there was a graphics update that caused this problem.

But when i have a game open, Hearthstone - CSGO whatever i always watch the FPS, i have a laptop and i use a second screen to game on the laptop.

I have a GTX 970m In my laptop so loads of power.

The problem is when im gaming - Counter Strike lets say - I usually get 230 -250 Fps average.

Before i moved to my own place i was streaming a lot, so I would have Open Broadcast Software and Counter Strike and my Stream open at the same time over the 2 screens i was getting 150 FPS while gaming then which was fine to me seemed to be normal my pc was doing a lot at the same time.

But now if i have any Program open even something like fraps or google, any program at all and it can be minimised i lose 100 FPS while gaming and i have no idea why i just turned off all of windows 7 fancy graphics features and still no increase i literally have to make sure all programs are closed or i lose 100 FPS, Any one have any ideas what causing this or any idea on how to fix it.

Also I was wondering id Win 10 was a good choice, does it help for gaming ? or is it still buggy or anything ?
    Thanks Luke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you're maxing out your RAM, that'd be the only thing really that having *any* program open would affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

but the human eye can't see more than 30 fps!

trolltrolltroll!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like you're maxing out your RAM, that'd be the only thing really that having *any* program open would affect.
    Skerries wrote: »
    but the human eye can't see more than 30 fps!

trolltrolltroll!!!

Okay so if im maxing out 12 GB of Ram there has to be something wrong ? Right ? :P

How would i stop it ill Start watching my ram to see if i am.

Also i no the human eye doesn't need 250 fps xD but its my settings, i cant play with v-sync on because it messes my sensitivity big time, and when im only getting the 120 - 150 Fps its not stable frames like it will be going from 150 - 90 and up and down causing problems, but once everything is closed it all perfect ! like i really dont understand there are always problems !!

Just had a couple of games and my ram has been at 4-5 Gb the whole time while playing i have 12 installed so there shouldn't be a problem there, my Cpu is kind of to up and down to get a proper average but it roughly averages 20% when just playing but when it starts loading it will jump to 60% for a couple of second and then back down.

So yeah there doesn't seem to be any problems there, what about defective ram ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Quick question, are you playing fullscreen?

Quick question, are you playing fullscreen?

Yes i have to,well on CSGO anyway because i started playing on 4:3 1400x1050, and iv'e been playing for 1200+ hours now i wouldn't be able to play with out it :(

• Advertisement

I think it may be my GPU, I ran Furmark on my laptop just seeing if it was a problem and my results, i don't think there good any ways.

The test on the left was in 1920x1080

The test on the Right was in 1280x720

I looked up results from other graphics cards to see what i was ranging,
    and i was under the whole AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series which i have a
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC Edition in my Desktop and once i first got my
    laptop it was running rings around it. So could it be my GPU that is faulty
    or am i missing something because i really think them scores were quiet
    bad.

http://imgur.com/0LBSNbB

I also tried Heaven DX11

I done a benchmark with these settings:

DX11
    High Quality
    AA - x2
    Full Screen
    1920x1080

It averaged 60fps

i dont know if that is good or not but when i first had my laptop and i was having no problems i was getting a constant 250 FPS
    on CS:GO there was no jitter or frame loss.
    That was on high settings.

I no these programs run your GPU more then CS:GO should but Is it really that much of a difference. ?

Do you think it would be wise to take my upgrade to Win 10 and start fresh or to send the Laptop back for fixing ?

bumpbump

bump

LukeyKid wrote: »
    I think it may be my GPU, I ran Furmark on my laptop just seeing if it was a problem and my results, i don't think there good any ways.

The test on the left was in 1920x1080

The test on the Right was in 1280x720

I looked up results from other graphics cards to see what i was ranging,
    and i was under the whole AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series which i have a
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC Edition in my Desktop and once i first got my
    laptop it was running rings around it. So could it be my GPU that is faulty
    or am i missing something because i really think them scores were quiet
    bad.

http://imgur.com/0LBSNbB

I also tried Heaven DX11

I done a benchmark with these settings:

DX11
    High Quality
    AA - x2
    Full Screen
    1920x1080

It averaged 60fps

i dont know if that is good or not but when i first had my laptop and i was having no problems i was getting a constant 250 FPS
    on CS:GO there was no jitter or frame loss.
    That was on high settings.

I no these programs run your GPU more then CS:GO should but Is it really that much of a difference. ?

Do you think it would be wise to take my upgrade to Win 10 and start fresh or to send the Laptop back for fixing ?

bump

Advertisement