Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin

Options
  • 01-06-2014 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

I am looking to buy a Garmin to help me with my runs. Have only 120 Euro to spend though. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Forerunner 10 is the only GPS-based Garmin in your price range. If you'd consider buying second hand though, there's a significantly wider selection available. You didn't mention what your intended use is, but a Forerunner 310xt is a decent all-rounder, and you may be able to find a second-hand model in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Amazon have the 110 for 90 sterling. I'd say that's nearly as good a price as you'll get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Thanks for the advice. Got a Forerunner 310xt on Ebay (new) in my price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

link?

From the US or EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Wow, where did you find it on ebay please??!

• Advertisement

If it sounds to good to be true, it is. Got the Garmin in my price range however it was from the US and had to pay fee when the An Post delivered it. Lesson learned.

SPM1959 wrote: »
    If it sounds to good to be true, it is. Got the Garmin in my price range however it was from the US and had to pay fee when the An Post delivered it. Lesson learned.

Aw no! After all that is a a decent watch??!

It is - can't believe I have been running this long without one to be honest.

Really want to get one now! Wondering if a Garmin 110 is a very old model? Think it would be ok though as I am only starting out really. The new Garmin 15 looks good too, just hard to find and that bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

Strange request and probably not the right thread but I was wondering does any1 in the Kill area of naas have a garmin 610 charger that I could charge my watch off this evening as I need it for the weekend but left my own charger at home which is two hours away. I could leave the watch there for a couple of hours or borrow it for a short period.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement