Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KD Projector & Screen For a Pub

Options
  • 29-06-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking for some recommendations for a HD projector & screen for a pub.
    It would be used prob 10 hours per week.

I don't won't to spend thousands, but could something half decent be got for say €500 all in ?

What about amazon or china ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Hi All

Looking for some recommendations for a HD projector & screen for a pub.
    It would be used prob 10 hours per week.

I don't won't to spend thousands, but could something half decent be got for say €500 all in ?

What about amazon or china ?

If its going into a Pub surely you want the best image possible for your customers, i'd at least double your budget and get a Good Full HD Projector and decent screen. No point installing something that customers are not going to enjoy.

I'd stay away from cheap Chinese projectors, you will end up wasting your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

Almost every projector is Chinese built so don't let that put you off. I have seen some Optoma projectors - full HD, that were surprisingly good for the Euro's. €650 + vat or thereabouts.
    Cheap screens are something else though. The cheapest curl their edges from new. €250 or so + vat gets a decent 8 foot wide in 16:9 aspect ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

I think the OP was taking about the cheap led fake spec china projector things you see all over adverts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

MHI - agreed - think we're singing from the same hymn sheet

Advertisement