Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony KDL55X8509 or LG 55UF950 or.....

Options
  • 06-06-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

Can someone give me some opinions on either of these sets? My criteria is as follows:
    Between 55-60"
    Narrow legs (to fit existing table stand)
    3D

I had it narrowed down to these two sets. The LG was last year's top model and is hugely reduced at the minute. Isn't HDR ready though.
    The Sony is reduced to €1200 and by all accounts is a great set and has Android. It's active 3D though, which isn't very kid friendly.
    I spotted the Panasonic TX58DX750 and it's and astonishing looking piece of kit. Reviews online are bad though, and it's active 3D ready (no glasses).

I think in my head that the LG is the one to go for. But I've heard no first hand experience of it.

So can anyone shed some light on any of the above models?

Thanks guys and gals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Definitely go for the Sony. LG LED TVS are IPS panels which result in poor black levels. Almost grayish in look, you will also get a significant amount of bloom and clouding.

Android OS is a bit overblown and Lg easily wins this with its web os 3.0(i believe this is 3.0).
    Either way both tvs have negatives but the panel on the Sony is just better.

Advertisement