Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AerLingus - Another apparent sale?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all, I just received an email with another AerLingus sale:
    ie_hp_50off_euuk_2605.jpg

I checked the fares, but I'm pretty sure that prices are much higher than just two weeks ago, even after applying their "special discount". Prices were 20 Euro + taxes each way for a return flight, now they start from 30 Euro up to 150 Euro for the same destinations. :eek:

Is it just me, or does anybody else have the feeling that "sale" means "price increase"? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Most airlines operate discrimatory pricing - as the plane fills up the seats get more expensive. A lot of people can book seats in two weeks, so it's reasonable to expect that the price would go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

LiamD wrote: »
    Most airlines operate discrimatory pricing - as the plane fills up the seats get more expensive. A lot of people can book seats in two weeks, so it's reasonable to expect that the price would go up.

True, but I tried to check prices for other periods (july, august, september, october) and they are still much higher than before. I can't really believe than so many seats have been booked in two weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I know what you mean, what you're describing has happened to me before but bear in mind it is peak time so lots of people really are booking seats.

I've been keeping my eye on flights to Munich with Aer Lingus for Oktoberfest in September and just checked them again. About a month ago they were about €98, a few days ago the were €108 and now, with the special discount they are €93. Not a huge difference, but I reckon a few people must have booked in the month that passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

LiamD wrote: »
    I've been keeping my eye on flights to Munich with Aer Lingus for Oktoberfest in September

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I can definitely see a reduction in price for flights I was looking at.

Save about €40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

fail

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

I have been watching flights to Nice for mid June - Including the discount the overall prices have definately increased since last week.

Even mid week flights are more expensive than last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

If you showed up for oktoberfest in october it wouldn't be on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

without a doubt they have gone up, i booked about 2 weeks ago but the flight to helsinki in question was 36.99 now its 75....boy am i glad i booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,787 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was looking at flights to Lisbon in late July last week.. and they've increased by €50 this week!

Sale FAIL!

sale2b.individual.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Flights i've been keeping an eye on have also gone up quite substantially....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

AP, that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

It may depend of when you want to fly. I notice flights for 2 adults and 1 child I was looking at for September have dropped from 380 to 310 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Aer Lingus up to their usual bull****e again.
    Someone should tell Joe Duffy about this and teach them a lesson.
    Is it any wonder they are losing so much money with these marketing scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Also checked flights to France last week and the "fare" was cheaper last week than this week. So they just up the fare and then discount it leaving it higher than the previous week.

There was a time I used to pay more attention to Aer Lingus emails telling me about sales but they are taking the piss these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah I used to have some loyalty for Aer Lingus so long as they were within €30-40 of Ryanair for a return flight.
    But my loyalty has recently been thrown out the window since they've started these scam sales. Now I just fly with whoever is cheapest instead.

Advertisement