Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital SLR Camera - Wootech Website

• 25-05-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place, I'm currently looking to buy a Digital SLR camera and came across this site, the prices seem to be significantly lower than other websites e.g., komplett, pixmania, amazon.

Has anyone ordered from this crowd?

http://www.wootechworld.com/products.php?category=21

mods, please move this thread if required,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Was looking at them last week. I'd be wary of ordering from anywhere that only accepts bank transfers without a lot of positive feedback as I'm not sure if one has any recourse if something goes with the order.

Edit:

Active Scammer Websites

* Wootech Worldwide
    http://www.wootechworld.com [mirror]
    A duplicate form the ‘older’ scam websites like e-holater etc. Prices are still too good to be true. Even the Nikon 14-24 lens is back with a new default product id (1090485). Just compare the Anepax and Wootech screenshots for the Nikon 14-24 lens.
    According to the whois database information they ‘exist’ since May 5th, 2009. I have found the cheap GoDaddy SSL certificate (details).
    It seems that the website (hosted @ 194.165.4.81) won’t resolve @ my local ISP’s DNS server. I can access the website using TOR. I guess they’re blocking IP ranges now :). They’re gonna miss out on lot’s of XS4ALL customers this way :)

I ‘purchased’ a Nikon D300 at the website for a lousy €790. Just to get my hand on some additional screenshots and the banking information on these scammers.

Note that even though they have an SSL certificate, they don’t use it (yet). The entire account registration process and ordering is done without the use of SSL.
    Source(s):
    http://www.redelijkheid.com/tag/scam/

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

an elaborate scam, these guys were set up under another name not so long ago, remember seeing a thread about it here somewhere. They had the office camera also which lulls you into a false sense of security, they put a fair bit of effort in but its still a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tzf60

Just checked your link - the office camera looks very familiar. Looks like a similar site that was trading recently - users of this board urged caution in dealing with this site, though you may wish to search the forum for exact details. The info offered at the time was that if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is! I was tempted at the time, but heeded the warning on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

its a scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

MarthaT wrote: »
    its a scam

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

tzf60 wrote: »
    Looks like a similar site that was trading recently - users of this board urged caution in dealing with this site, though you may wish to search the forum for exact details.

pretty sure it was www.anepaxworld.com - elaborate scam - how many people worldwide will get caught ? how many people are blinded by a cheap price.

Hopefully no-one from Boards will suffer at the hands of these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Scam it is then...thanks to all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Very good looking scam. Has address, contact number etc. It is only when you go to pay that you find they only accept a bank transfer even though they have visa symbols etc on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

We ordered a canon lens from this company. (It was Canon EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS USM for anyone interested!) It had the best price for it at the time

http://www.digital-cameras.com/

It was delivered by courier, we would have got it the next day after ordering but I had to contact them to confirm a few details first. Not sure how the prices compare for the actual cameras and other accessories but I would def use them again. I think p&p was about £10. But well worth a look if you are in the market for a DSLR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Yeah, it's a scam so read the sticky and lets lock this baby.....

Oh, and..............

wait for it...........

IBTL-Crocodile.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

scam%20alert.jpg

Don't have nightmares, do sleep well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement