Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Leather Jacket?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm out to look for a new biking jacket.

2 requirements:

(a) It must be leather

(b) It must have full CE armour, not just padding.
    Preferably a suit of medieval armour covered by leather!

Anyone know of some recommendations; either online, or for sale in shops around Ireland?
    (I'm sure it won't be cheap; but what price can you put on protecting a soft, flabby body?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i have a richa jacket and i could not recommend it enough. Great armour and looks cool. Try crossans up the north. They have a website and all. The visor shop .com or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Thanks for that seanybiker!

I took a quick look at the visor shop's site, but didn't see any Richa's there.

Which type have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Leather is pretty useless for the winter to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

JCDenton wrote: »
    Thanks for that seanybiker!

I took a quick look at the visor shop's site, but didn't see any Richa's there.

Which type have you got?

I have the older version of this one

http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12_31&products_id=33

Mines nicer though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I use leathers but for winter you need thermals under them and I wear a cheap
    (€15) hi-vis jacket over the leather one. Cotters is good value for Ireland and recommended if you can put up rooting through a messy shop.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Richa Emple is good, its a casual style, but waterproof. Otherwise you will need something over it, as leather is not Irish Weather Proof and generally as mentioned leather is colder to wear than textile for winter.

Lots of textile Jackets come with good armour built in now. A good one to look for is Bikers brand Goretex jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Chatterbeast

I wouldn't bother getting anything in the Republic any more. It's twice the price in some places. True, you can get some bargains in Cotters, but that's it.

Hein Gericke in Newry have a good selection of jackets and bottoms. All fairly good brand names. But they do cheaper (in cost only) brands too such as RST. Crossans do a brand of jacket called Takano. Looking at them today, they're quite cheap, but they look ok. Not sure on the whole CE thing though.

But either way, one of these places will have something for you. I got a jacket online from a crowd called Probiker in Germany. I can't bend my arms in the jacket, the elbows are solid as are the shoulders and the matching bottoms have what can only be described as shinguards. Now THAT'S like a suit of armour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

try ridersdiscount.com, sportbiketrackgear.com or kneedraggers.com. all american sites and cheap. theres an ebay shop called allseasonaccesories too. the best thing about them is they will take offers. i got a leather alpinestars jacket for 250 euro delivered.

Advertisement