Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking cold & hot feeds from the attic/immersion tanks.

• 03-02-2014 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Our attic tank has two outlets, one at the front which supplies water to the toilet, sinks, bath, etc, and then there is another outlet at the far end of the tank which supplies water to the base of the immersion. My question is this; Is it alright to take a feed from that dedicated cold immersion feed (for a new handbasin).

I will also need a hot water pipe for the new handbasin, so I guess its alright to tap into the hot feed (off the top of the immersion)? this is the same 3/4" pipe which goes on to supply hot water around the house, so I guess its OK to make a Tee junction on it and take a 1/2" feed for our new handbasin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Just put another fitting ( and stop valve ) on the front of the tank ?

http://bit.ly/1k1zrWC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I guess 'best practice' is to take the feed from the front of the tank, but the way the attic is designed it would be sooo much easier to take the cold feed from the rear (immersion cold outlet), but is this allowed, or is it a big no no?

Regarding the hot, I gueess I'm ok taking the feed as described above in post#1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

LordSutch wrote: »
    I guess 'best practice' is to take the feed from the front of the tank, but the way the attic is designed it would be sooo much easier to take the cold feed from the rear (immersion cold outlet), but is this allowed, or is it a big no no?

You wouldn't get much flow from your new cold tap if you were drawing a lot of hot water at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Expert Opinion

Why not use an electric hot water tap. They only need a cold feed and give you all the hot water you need. They are sold by www.watersave.ie
    I see them on TV on RTE every morning on a shopping channel.

Advertisement