Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towel rads with underfloor heating - steel?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Plumber has ordered towel rads for our house which has an underfloor heating system. I have heard that towel rads with underfloor central heating need to be stainless steel which of course are twice the prices to those which are not. is this true? any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Standard rad or any types will be ok but do remember, underfoot heating circut is only Luke warm 33 degrees C. opposed to normal 75 that the rad should operate at. Will plumber be able to get direct supply from boiler as opposed to lower temperature from underfloor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

No thats lies. No need.

Way I see it done most is towel rails on a separate zone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I think your plumber is talking about aluminimum rads.
    Either way there is no need for them as the boiler will have a primary steel heat exchanger. Just make sure of the inhibitor levels are appropriate.
    They would have to be taken from the primary circuit & would never be taken from the UFH circuit, but that would be a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tricky99

thanks for the feedback. So if the rads are connected to the unerfloor heating circut (which I think they are) then I should be a bit concerned not because of the wear of the rad but the heat output that Ill be getting. If there is a direct link to boiler than they are ok.

that said all towel rads are upstairs which is not underfloor heated but normal rads so likely different circut and no issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

tricky99 wrote: »
    that said all towel rads are upstairs which is not underfloor heated but normal rads so likely different circut and no issue?

At last.
    Full info and you have answered your own question. = standard towel rads are ok.

Who, by the way told you it had to be stainless steel radiator. The plumber?

no the shop where rads are bought... thanks..ye still helped me answer my own question :)

Advertisement