Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETA sh30 wood gasification. boiler

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all,

My mate is looking at getting a wood gasification boiler. Looking at the eta sh30 boiler. It looks like later on you can add a pellet boiler onto it. Looking at putting a 2000ltr buffer tank in. He has UFH. They are using a lot of oil and want to move onto something different. They have timber around farm but will probably need to buy some to get them goin until he gets a supply saved and dried.

Just wondering has anyone any experience with these Eta boilers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭brianiac

Hi there,
    Just wondering if you could give feedback as to how they got on? Also considering the combination system, or at least just the wood gasification portion now with the option of the pellet boiler if I get tired of firing it up every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Hi ya. Getting on very well with the system. Have it running an UF heating system. Prob requires 2 fills a day with a 3rd fill being required on very cold eves. They are burning softwood in it so a fill last approx 4hrs but charges the 2000Ltr buffer tank no hassle.

They are using hard wood also which they cut themselves but also buy a load of softwood timber just to ensure they have enough. It is combined with oil so if they are away the oil will heat the house only not the buffer tank.

Good system but you have to be prepared to put the work in with timber cutting and obviously feeding the gasification unit with timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭brianiac

Thanks for the feedback. Got a price of 13k for 1500L buffer and 20kw log gasification. Would be closer to 20k if the pellet twin system was installed. A little pricey for me currently as have a 10kw log stove which i like to use but will probably reconsider when extending my house in a couple of years....

Advertisement