Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Stores Offers on Camping/Festival Gear

• 25-05-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

I think these are pretty good bargains.

Anyone who is going to those festivals in Ireland or abroad or who likes camping will like these offers I say.
    • They have now in there firstly for €20 a 3 man tent. Its just a basic tent but pretty large and comes in a good few patterns, like camo, blue, dalmatian, and these ones where its like the outline of a party in your tent etc. you'd have to see them.
    • Secondly they have sleeping bags for €10. Same patterns as the tents, picked up one myself. They're 180 x 74cm and also reversible. They come in a roll up bag with a strap. They're made from polyester and have a zip on them.
    • Lastly they have chairs which are handy for a festival. They're not the sturdiest but are only €10. They have a slot for a drink also in one of the arms, and they have kid size chairs for €8. They come in red, blue and black I think, and also come in a bag and strap after you fold up the chair.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Anyone know if these tents are the popup kind or would they need to be hammered into the ground with pegs?. Reason I ask is my kids are asking for a tent for our back garden but the ground is all blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

got the tent two years ago for a festival and i have never regretted anything as much. it poured rain and our zip broke so our tent got soaked, the poles colapsed so the wet material kept falling on our face throughout the night. trust me, after forking out for a festival ticket, its worth the extra few bob for a decnt tent, got one in lidl last year for 60quid i think, great investment.

never used the sleeping bags, got the chair though theyre handy, fairly durable too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

got the tent two years ago for a festival and i have never regretted anything as much. it poured rain and our zip broke so our tent got soaked, the poles colapsed so the wet material kept falling on our face throughout the night. trust me, after forking out for a festival ticket, its worth the extra few bob for a decnt tent, got one in lidl last year for 60quid i think, great investment.

never used the sleeping bags, got the chair though theyre handy, fairly durable too

was there meself 2 years ago , ive never seen so much rain in all my life , if the weather was gonna be like that again, id sell my ticket !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Couldnt help but laugh at that, similar thing happened me. Dunnes had 2 man tents for 20 euro i thought it was a great deal only found out in the middle of the night it wasnt bloody water proof !! who sells a tent that isnt water proof in Ireland !! woke up in a puddle ! ( no it wasnt wee) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Those tents are rubbish,spend sum extra cash on a half decent tent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

You forgot about the mud... lots and lots of mud.... :P

Oh and argos have a few good deals on pro-action tents right now, I got one last year for the download festival and it was great! If only I wasn't to hungover last year to take it down and bring it home :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

It should be common knowledge at this stage to stay well away from this gear if you plan to actually enjoy your festival. These cheap ass tents that Dunnes sell are bloody useless and the slighest bit of rain and they start to fall apart.

Spend a little bit more and get a decent tent from a recognised camping store. You won't regret it when everyone else is complaining about the puddles in their tents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

And those chairs, if they're the ones I'm thinking of, are really cheap tat. Bought 3 of them last summer, 2 didn't last the day!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

dunnes tents aint up to much. place in town just off capel street, i think its on mary st beside millets has some good quality tents. 30 euro for a big 2 man, 40 euro for a big 3/4 man. i just make sure it has the proper outer skin/double skin and not that wee bit that pops on over the top, they just leak. the chairs were 8 euro in dunne isn blanch for adults though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Slightly off topic, but did anybody win one of those riverock tents last year? Are they any good or will I have to actually fork over money for a decent one?

Also Dunnes have €15 wellies with cows all over them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

phasers wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but did anybody win one of those riverock tents last year? Are they any good or will I have to actually fork over money for a decent one?

Ya my brother won one. Id say it wouldnt be up to much if it rains. I got a 8man tent on ebay for a 3day festival coming up in july. Was 150euro to my front door. I put it up the last day, looks fairly good. It has a waterproof PU coating 2000mm so should keep the rain out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

phasers wrote: »

Yeah, I won one. I tested it out 3 weeks ago in the back garden. Got a litre bottle of water, poked a few holes in it and sprayed the tent for around 5 mins. I is NOT! water proof. The water comes in through the seems and It's small. 2 actual size men wouldn't be very happy in it.

I bought the 3 man tent in Lidl and it's the job! I has a water column of 3000mm which is a lot of rain.

When I was trying to repackage the river rock yoke it just wouldnt go back in that bag thing so I freaked out, kicked it around the garden and then chucked the lot in the bin :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Gelert pop up tents are great, basically you take it out of the tent bag and you pop it up I reckon they would be very suitable for festival use, especially when drink is going to be involved!! We have a 4 man one, which is great. Kids love it and it easily fits 10 of them:pac::pac:. And they are waterproof!! Afraid I couldn't be bothered doing much searching for the cheapest one. But argos has a two man one for 41.68.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401682/c_1/1|cat_12159727|Camping+and+caravanning|12159728/c_2/2|cat_12159728|Tents|12159731/Trail/searchtext%3EGELERT.htm

I'm sure we paid around 80euro for the one we have about 4 years ago and its still going strong.

Advertisement