Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - Carol / Aon / Hibernian - who else?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

Are there any other ins co for motor bike insurance Ive forgotten to mention?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Quinn also quote and I think that Hibernian have stopped doing motorbikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

There's also Adelaide insurance...

http://www.adelaideinsurance.com/get-a-quote.php

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

just got an e-mail from Adelaide. to be told they dont insure 125cc or under. i wouldnt mind only i have a seven years no claims bonus and im 33 years of age. very disappointing looks like im stuck with aon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

curryman wrote: »
    just got an e-mail from Adelaide. to be told they dont insure 125cc or under. i wouldnt mind only i have a seven years no claims bonus and im 33 years of age. very disappointing looks like im stuck with aon.
    Or you could get a bigger bike! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Try Quinn...they were hundreds lower than AON when I was shopping for insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

curryman wrote: »

That is a bit ****, imho. My wife is selling her 200 (see sig), and one thing she's considering is a Vespa 125. Why wouldn't someone want to cover that? What's engine size got to do with anything - haven't we learned that already ?

it should be down to the rider and experience, not the machine....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm insured with quinn. Pretty decent prices. There was a difference of €350 between them and next closest for fully comp on my bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

i wouldnt trust quinn to pay out they'd look for a reason not to pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

slapper wrote: »
    i wouldnt trust quinn to pay out they'd look for a reason not to pay out

Are all ins cos as bad?
    Have Quinn a particularly bad rep for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

worded wrote: »
    Have Quinn a particularly bad rep for this?

Yes ! Personally, even if Quinn offered me insurance for a premium of €1, i still wouldn't go near them !!

My renewal was up 2 weeks ago and Adelaide beat AONs quote by €250 ! Also found Adelaide excellent to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

DaveD wrote: »
    Yes ! Personally, even if Quinn offered me insurance for a premium of €1, i still wouldn't go near them !!

My renewal was up 2 weeks ago and Adelaide beat AONs quote by €250 ! Also found Adelaide excellent to deal with.
    ya i agree i got ****ed around by quinn over car insurance and paper work
    and ended up in court over it and am still in the middle of an appeal or the [EMAIL="c@nts"]c@nts[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

slapper wrote: »
    ya i agree i got ****ed around by quinn over car insurance and paper work
    and ended up in court over it and am still in the middle of an appeal or the [EMAIL="c@nts"]c@nts[/EMAIL]

Ok - wont go near them so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Does anybody have a number for Adelaide..?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Quinn quoted me €470 Fully comp on a 03' Yamaha Fazer 600

Full unrestricted license
    3 years no claims

About 100 dearer than AON's TPO quote.
    I was considering it then I rang Adelaide.

They quoted me €630 fully comp.
    When I told them about Quinn's quote they brought it down to €500.

I think I'll go with Adelaide over Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Slaanesh wrote: »

3 years no claims

I would to, for the extra 30 yo yo's you know you will have better service than with Quinn. I was with Quinn for years with my car insurance only cos they were cheaper, as soon as i got my full car licence i got away from them with a cheaper quote from an other company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

quinns quote for me this year was one quarter than that of any other company!! 21 year old on a zxr400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shlija

Anybody with some experience with Carole Nash? I've heard they are cheap, but still, more info is appriciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    quinns quote for me this year was one quarter than that of any other company!! 21 year old on a zxr400
    Likewise, paying €750 ish compared to €2500

shlija wrote: »
    Anybody with some experience with Carole Nash? I've heard they are cheap, but still, more info is appriciated
    LOL! They're anything but!

Slaanesh wrote: »

3 years no claims

Can't beat Adelaide IMO!

Full License
    2 years No Claims Bonus

Fully Comp. on a '07 Fireblade: just over €600! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Can't beat Adelaide IMO!

Full License
    2 years No Claims Bonus

Fully Comp. on a '07 Fireblade: just over €600! :D

Have you got a number for them...?my insurance is up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SeanySean

Hi guys, I know this thread is quite old but I am struggling to get motorbike insc. at the moment!

I'm 22 with a full licvense unrestricted and 0 no claims bonus, driving a Virago 250cc.

Adelaide say I'm too young for them, Axa want nearly €1500 and half up front!! And Liberty quoted me €1000 but apparently I owe them €400 from when I was 17 and insured with Quinn as they took over the company, so ergo they want €1400 off me. About to try Carole Nash but I'm not hopeful.

Any suggesstions??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

1000 seems way too much, I got quoted 600 for a Honda hornet 250 with liberty and I'm the same age. If you contact whoever you did your ibt with they will normally throw in a free insurance assessment (generally you will save 20-30%)

I ended up going with mce who are a new company got tpf&t for €450 but big excess of 650. But if you don't claim than doesn't matter.

Damn, I was trying MCE but they didn't answer the bloody phone and no option for an online quote, I had to go ahead with the liberty quote as needed it that evening! |Got them down to €920 anyway. Yeah I must try the assessment but it's been a long long time since I did the IBT. Must try MCE next time.

EVen if I can't get the asessment for free, I might pay for one anyway if it saves in the long run.

Advertisement