Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best way to sell my car

Options
  • 27-09-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Can i get some advice on how best to sell my car. I have been trying to sell it for a while now in carzone with a pic and in buy and sell without. not having any calls despite dropping the price twice. Really need the cash for it and I just want a quick sale. Any advice on how to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

link to carzone ? Aside from the obvious need for a market for your particular model, price, pictures and description are all key to the success of your ad. If you provide a link, peeps here will provide some objective feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

is it ok to do that? I'll just post the link and if the mods want to delete it they can.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=762718

It is one of the cheapest of it's make on Carzone and it's in good condition. Can't see why I have had no replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

foxy06 wrote:
    is it ok to do that? I'll just post the link and if the mods want to delete it they can.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=762718

It is one of the cheapest of it's make on Carzone and it's in good condition. Can't see why I have had no replys.

Well, without even reading the text of the advert, the picture is not very good. If i was in the market for an Almera, that advert would not jump out at me at all.

Give the car a good wash, inside and out. Take a few pictures, showing all sides of the car, and one or two of the interior.

this is the contidion yours needs to be in:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=784043

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

As was said take some internal photos and take a side and front back shots externally. Also add when the tax runs out and if it was serviced in the last 6 months add this into the advert. Your price seems fairly reasonable and car looks in good nick so it should sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Pictues and detail sell a car.

Think about it - if you're browsing through 100s of ads for similar cars, you generally spend more time looking at the one that has the most detail and lots of good pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Seems priced pretty well - but as others have said, the picture (just one!) is pretty dull, and you've not put much effort into the summary. Look at the advert of another almera (same year) - which one would you go for?

Don't forget adverts.ie as well, and put a link in your sig like I have. Cars tend to move off the first page within a day or two though.

Unfortunately, it can be a slow process to sell a car privately.

thanks everyone i'm going to take some better pics at the weekend and i'll post up here for some comments and critisisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ta2kev

As said previously, pictures are most important. I'm not sure if there is a limit as a private sale on carzone, but if there isn't take as many as possible. I always put between 12 and 30 photos of each car in the add.

If your description is good and photos are clear, someone interested will have the car sold to themselves before they even come to look at it. If the service history is completely stamped up in the book, take a photo of each page.

Here's a couple of examples / ideas
    http://www.mooreparkmotors.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=760783

http://www.mooreparkmotors.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=760784

Good Luck with it

ta2kev wrote:
    As said previously, pictures are most important. I'm not sure if there is a limit as a private sale on carzone, but if there isn't take as many as possible. I always put between 12 and 30 photos of each car in the add.

Don't think so, I put at least 9 the last time I advertised IIRC. It really amazes me how many people will pay to have an advert up there, yet make very little effort describing and photographing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Almera's don't sell well at the best of times tbh and I'd say it's a bit pricey for a 03. Almera's are noted for being heavier on fuel than they're competition also.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    Almera's don't sell well at the best of times tbh and I'd say it's a bit pricey for a 03. Almera's are noted for being heavier on fuel than they're competition also.

According to this carzone search, it's one of the very cheapest 2003 Almeras. CBG seems to show the same.

well ive dropped the price from 8500 to 7950 to 7500 and won't be going a cent lower. It's a good car never any trouble and so i'd rather keep it than give it away for nothing

foxy06 wrote:
    well ive dropped the price from 8500 to 7950 to 7500 and won't be going a cent lower. It's a good car never any trouble and so i'd rather keep it than give it away for nothing
    Dead right. It already appears to be one of the cheapest around - just market it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you car is going for a very good price indeed. One of the cheapest but take in consideration that search result on Carzone are displayed by price high to low (i could be wrong), your car is somewhere at the bottom of the list so not that easy to find.

Now few pointers that might help you:

1. more images (inside, front, rear, etc) - doesn't cost you a penny.
    2. make your text more visible - having just

"Nissan Almera"

is not convincing enough, but change it to

Nissan Almera ** 1.5L, petrol saloon ** Cheap to go **

will help a lot more by adding things that are important and not visible unless you click on it to view the car, and the "Cheap" word makes it attractive because you are not telling lies.

There is few tips we put togheter - might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

eoin_s wrote:
    According to this carzone search, it's one of the very cheapest 2003 Almeras. CBG seems to show the same.
    Looking for and getting are two completely different things, I'm just saying Almera's don't sell well second-hand and don't command the prices that people are looking for.

junkyard wrote:
    Looking for and getting are two completely different things, I'm just saying Almera's don't sell well second-hand and don't command the prices that people are looking for.

Well, selling a different car is not a luxury the OP has, all s/he can do is price it well relative to the others, which is the case - it's one of the cheapest 3/4 cars in its range. Asking prices and selling prices are obviously different.

Advertisement