Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC - ERC - National Rallying 2015 News and chat thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Robbo wrote: »
    Also of note are the times Lappi is setting in WRC2. If I was Tommi Makkinen looking to recruit for the future, that's where I'd be looking.

He is really fast alright. A bit like what Ogier was doing in the Fabia S2000.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

h3000 wrote: »

Ah 5hite! Met Kris before. Really want him to do well. Lovely guy, but has too many offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

Very disappointed for Meeke.
    Citroen will not be happy as he was comfortable in 3rd.

Apparently Ogier had a lucky escape at the same corner.

mjhickeyie wrote: »

It looks like Ogier was very lucky to get away with it.

https://twitter.com/taagnew/status/627488379693875201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

mjhickeyie wrote: »

Seems that Meeke is under a lot of pressure. Without his win in Argentina you'd have to wonder would he still be in the team. Hopefully he can get more consistent soon..seems like a nice guy.

Mads Ostberg was involved in a recce accident during rally Australia. He has now withdrawn from the event. Really bad luck for him. There's a few questions to be answered too on why it did happen.

https://www.facebook.com/MadsOstbergRally/posts/925155687551377:0

https://www.facebook.com/MadsOstbergRally/posts/925119887554957:0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ogier is champion after winning in Australia this morning. He won the championship with three rallys to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

Spotted a post a while back about the potential return of the WRC to Ireland. Any further news on this I wonder?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

yknaa wrote: »
    Spotted a post a while back about the potential return of the WRC to Ireland. Any further news on this I wonder?
    Very unlikely for a WRC round. The money and will isn't there. Places like China are very keen to get on the calendar so it'll mean some more traditional rounds looking at the chop. I can see the Circuit of Ireland remaining in the ERC consistently though.

The driver market should be heating up over the next while. According to the headlines (haven't seen the article yet) in today's Motorsport News, Meeke is looking around. Citroen have said they won't make a decision until December which mightn't be the wisest with Toyota looking to recruit.

Neuville appears be in year 2 of a 3 year deal with Hyundai but I think he may have itchy feet.

VWs preparations for Corsica were ruined by Latvala wrecking the test car, meaning the others won't get in a proper pre-event test. Hopefully that will give the rest an opportunity to close the gap on pace, especially with the event not being on the calendar in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

yknaa wrote: »

I think rally GB was in negotiations with welsh government for funding at the time of the Motorsport News article on Ireland.
    The article said Ireland may get a round ahead of Wales but that might just have been to put pressure on welsh government.
    They have now agreed to support rally GB until 2018.

Well Tour de Corse is proving to be a bit of a mad rally so far. Huge amounts of rain there. Elfyn Evans is leading WRC so far and Craig Breen is leading WRC2.

Breen had his spare gearbox stolen from the service park too :eek:

https://twitter.com/JasonCraigRally/status/650036007774121984

Advertisement