Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vogue Does the Afterlife. RTE

Options
  • 06-01-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

So Im watching Vogue Williams and some "paranormal investigators" talk to her dead father through a Frank's box. Now we all know Frank's boxes are a complete waste of time.

You can very clearly hear her name and her father's name being mentioned through the box which leads to be think that is its an obvious fake by RTE to make a TV show.

Is this woman and are RTE actually pretending that her dead father are sending her messages through a Frank's box to make a TV show. It seems a bit low.

Anyway please guys, when you are asked by a producer or researcher to give up your expertise, time and stories for an unpaid appearance on a show like this please decline. Inevitably when the thing airs your team will look like fools and it demeans all of us.

R

Comments

Pretty sure her voice can be heard in the after life. RTE are very happy to fake anything for ratings though. Simply look at Irelands biggest skeptic turned psychic, Keith Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I cant believe how many times they have put it on, especially around Christmas you would think it they put it on around Halloween time it would be better. I thought it was maybe a series of shows but nope they have shown the same one around 3 or 4 times now.

Didn't think it was the worst but must say I defo though the answer on the frank box was a fix.. It was way too clear and to obvious to be real... You could nearly bet there was someone in the room next door or it was dubbed over.. Not very nice alright of her to do when it was in the name of her farther as such..

I liked the shot from Loftus hall with Breda Duggan from Ghost hunt I must say I had the pleasure of meeting her and she was lovely, very nice lady.. Well jealous they got into loftus for the night

I did a TV show with Breda a long time back. The show was a mess and i dont think our episode got aired. After the producer explained to us at the start what the show was about. We had to warn him that we are heavely skeptical but open and maybe we should not be on it. Needless to say it went exactly like we predicted. Trying to contain our laughs etc...

haha why what did they want ye to do then pretend there was more happening than there was?

He was using trick of the light, and using that as an excuse to say a ghost was there. Pretty much Magician tricks. There are youtube videos about it but i cant remember the name of the show or DVDs.

• Advertisement

I see oh that would annoy the crap out of me well done to ye for not taken part in it.. You should have a think about the show name see if you can remember it, or I might have a look on youtube..

I hate when there are things set up for you well if you are doing it seriously. We went to one ghost night with Breda and now they were all loverly except for one young one who was with them ruined the night for us when she came up and all of a sudden surprise the glass started moving and it was so obvious she was doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Inevitably TV shows about this thing arem rehasing the same concept.
    1. Famous haunted location (que Wicklow/Loftus/Charleville)
    2. Irish "Celebrity"
    3. Whichever paranormal team can say "sciency type" things.
    4. Mental medium who will look mental and say mental things for the show
    5. Spooky Music
    6. Spooky Naration
    7. One planned example of a bump or voice
    8. Some sideways camerawork
    9. Claim IFTA for originality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

number 5 has to be the worst, even if the rest is a load of cack, the dreadful spooky music makes it even worse

Umm they actually released it on DVD !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidA5dwQjsU

haha oh that looks awfull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

As I said on facebook. Its not a patch on GhostSquare

Its one of these things were he switches off the lights, and has a faintly glowing red or blue ball so there is a tiny bit of light. He then asks you to put your hand out as he manoovers the light ball so you cant see your hand anymore as its dark.

He then asks you can you see your hand?

No

Thats because its inside the ghost! !

really didn't hear of that now before.. jes people will try anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Milly33 wrote: »
    [...] We went to one ghost night with Breda and now they were all loverly except for one young one who was with them ruined the night for us when she came up and all of a sudden surprise the glass started moving and it was so obvious she was doing it...

That "young one" - she wouldn't have been a fairly burly-looking redhead, by any chance, would she? I've heard a few stories about that one, though I might be thinking of a different young lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Its one of these things were he switches off the lights, and has a faintly glowing red or blue ball so there is a tiny bit of light. He then asks you to put your hand out as he manoovers the light ball so you cant see your hand anymore as its dark.

He then asks you can you see your hand?

No

Thats because its inside the ghost! !

Heap of sh1te, they are - thought those yokes had disappeared for good with the whole seance-obsessed Victorian era? Stupid RTE wasting money on broadcasting that useless nonsense.

No it wasn't a red head more of a brown hair tied back in a ponytail. was such a silly thing to do with the group..

Advertisement