Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Smart Phone and Service Provider

Options
  • 05-03-2013 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Looking to get a bill pay phone with unlimited internet use.

Here's my thoughts. i'm paying 33 euro a month for upc
    i'm paying 10 euro a month for 48

so i'm hoping to find a service that i can get one bill and use the phone as a hotspot for my laptop

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

So you Want to ditch the UPC and use your phone as a hotspot for broadband

Remember you wont get the same speeds as UPC for downloading or gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

yea that's what my idea is. never had a smart phone before, what kind of speeds are we talking about with a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

metrobro wrote: »
    yea that's what my idea is. never had a smart phone before, what kind of speeds are we talking about with a phone

The main issue that you are probably going to see on mobile networks is latency and jitter.

I guess it really depends on your needs - what you will be using it for, how often and how my you would rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

metrobro wrote: »
    Looking to get a bill pay phone with unlimited internet use.

Here's my thoughts. i'm paying 33 euro a month for upc
    i'm paying 10 euro a month for 48

so i'm hoping to find a service that i can get one bill and use the phone as a hotspot for my laptop

Mobile broadband is nowhere near what UPC offer in terms of speed and reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I would not recommend this either. You'll be switching from probably the best available internet in the country to the worst and slowest.

It will drive you absolutely mad with slowness and service drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

cool thanks lads, i'll stay with upc so. glad i asked here before i went ahead with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

If you want one bill Eircom do Broadband, home phone and mobile for €55. The mobile deal they offer for this price isnt great, but cant remember the details.

Would agree with others to keep UPC.

Advertisement