Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hope Carroll plays.

I don't want him starting the final.

Hopefully something sortof similar as against Norwich for the final - perhaps maxi in for Downing.

As for tonight, Sterling really should be getting a game.
    Flanagan or Kelly if he's fit, Carra, Coates, Robinson or Aurelio if he's fit.

Shelvey and maybe give spearing and Hendo an hour.

Downing, Carroll, Kuyt up front I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

opr wrote: »
    Yeah but he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for just £1m.

Opr

It'll be still about £80,000 of the weekly wage budget which could be invested in new first team players. It's a bit too much to be paying someone who is a back up player. Great player for us over the years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Opr

Feck that.... I'd keep him if his wages arent too big,.

Edit: Just saw djPSB's post, 80K a week & a release clause of £1M, triffic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gbear wrote: »
    I hope Carroll plays.

I don't want him starting the final.

Hopefully something sortof similar as against Norwich for the final - perhaps maxi in for Downing.

As for tonight, Sterling really should be getting a game.
    Flanagan or Kelly if he's fit, Carra, Coates, Robinson or Aurelio if he's fit.

Shelvey and maybe give spearing and Hendo an hour.

Downing, Carroll, Kuyt up front I guess.

Supposedly the reserve team are gone on a team holiday. Not sure is Sterling is gone with them which could rule him out for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

kop77 wrote: »
    Think we should sell Dirky in the summer... he's not getting any younger and 1 year left on his contract.

I'll miss the guy, but I've conceeded he deserves better than to be a squad player...

well not for us really, but he could start for another club, so let him on...

he'll earn a pretty penny, and we might get a few bob for him.

its time to be ruthless this summer...much like last season.

Out:

Kuyt, Jones, Doni, Maxi, Auerlio,

But we need to replace them with reserves or new young players.

Sterling, Sub GK, Belhanda, keep Aqua, promote Robinson or Wilson (who ever is more solid), plus add some class elsewhere in the team. new striker, maybe a centre half.

And we are sitting pretty. I've said it a hape so far - If we dont want to suffer because of Europa league, we need a deep squad.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Supposedly the reserve team are gone on a team holiday. Not sure is Sterling is gone with them which could rule him out for tonight.

Bugger.

Sterling was lively enough for that cameo he made a few weeks ago.

I suppose he's still only 17. If he doesn't get game time this year I'd imagine he'll get it next year. Could even be a loan in the offing - didn't do Shelvey any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bugger.

Sterling was lively enough for that cameo he made a few weeks ago.

I suppose he's still only 17. If he doesn't get game time this year I'd imagine he'll get it next year. Could even be a loan in the offing - didn't do Shelvey any harm.

:confused:

Player of the season poll up on the official website:
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/vote-for-lfc-player-of-season-1
    PaulieC wrote: »
    :confused:

You may want to mute. It's that godawful ****e they play on Sky Sports before matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You may want to mute. It's that godawful ****e they play on Sky Sports before matches.

I can't believe I missed that - heard nothing of it either!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Doni vote placed.

1_292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Vanolder wrote: »

pretty cool! imagine it will be a 4th string pool team, but still cool!

Doni on Irish soil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wouldnt be surprised to see a full side out there tonight.

The old fashioned part of me think it would be good to put a full squad out and get a comfortable win to boost confidence.

I don't understand how modern professional footballers can't hack 3 games in a week to be honest.

Only danger is cards and injury risk of course.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm really not bothered about Johnson tbh

In fact, against Chelsea I'd be fine with Kelly starting against Mata and Cole on our right he's better defensively and less likely to fúck up imo

He was badly missed when he was injured imo, we are a better team with him in it than Kelly. I wouldn't dream of starting Kelly before him against Chelsea. So much more penetration down the right with him in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

He was badly missed when he was injured imo, we are a better team with him in it than Kelly. I wouldn't dream of starting Kelly before him against Chelsea. So much more penetration down the right with him in the team.

I dunno. I quite rate Kelly. I think he'd be able to cope. That said Johnson will start, experience is vital in a cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

How many of the squad are now ****ting themselves with regards to getting a Euro spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Just noticed these from Srijandeep Jas yesterday:
    Reg. Rasmus Elm. No truth in story. Agent milking tentative #LFC interest. AZ+agent want offers after Euros (read:higher price).

While the Dutch league may not be the best of benchmarks, Elm is a talent. United, Spurs were interested.

Apologies if already posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Voted for Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

kop77 wrote: »
    Think we should sell Dirky in the summer... he's not getting any younger and 1 year left on his contract.

Opr
    Big earner though. If we gave kuyt, carra, aurelio and maxi away for free i reckon we are saving 15m a year on wages.

I think we will get around 5m for kuyt though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I voted for the Anfield Cat, eye catching performance full of silky promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Voted for Skrtel.

Me too. No trouble coming to that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ch750536 wrote: »
    How many of the squad are now ****ting themselves with regards to getting a Euro spot?

With a bit of luck all Livepool players will get a mystery flu that will last the duration of the Euro's and clear up in time for pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    With a bit of luck all Livepool players will get a mystery flu that will last the duration of the Euro's and clear up in time for pre-season.

Thankfully Woy's presence will mean that Johnson is very unlikely to be picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mr Alan wrote: »

He could be available for selection in a few months again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

good luck to roy, but he really is a glutton for punishment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

murpho999 wrote: »
    The old fashioned part of me think it would be good to put a full squad out and get a comfortable win to boost confidence.

I don't understand how modern professional footballers can't hack 3 games in a week to be honest.

Only danger is cards and injury risk of course.

Well i'm thinking more about potential injuries. But on your other point, footballers these days can definitely handle 3 games a week it's the half-time pie and pint men from yesteryear who like to think otherwise. It's all about keeping them in top condition and well rested for the important game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There are so many people in England who pretended to be offended at Roy's treatment by Liverpool fans, that are going to have their characters tested if he's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mr Alan wrote: »

Konchesky on the other hand is a shoe in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Grayditch wrote: »
    There are so many people in England who pretended to be offended at Roy's treatment by Liverpool fans, that are going to have their characters tested if he's rubbish.

The lads in the Roy thread are making excuses for him already.

Good Job-Roy gets credit
    Bad Job- Players, fans, media's fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement