Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Cashback - anyone got it yet?

Options
  • 07-01-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

I submitted my claim on 14/11, my claim has been validated for about a month, but no sign of the refund. Anyone else got their's in this timeframe?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Damn, I bought my Note 10.1 at the end of Sept and didn't hear about the cash back deal until now. And it's too late now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

mine was validated on the 12/11 however it did say

You will receive your cashback within 45 working days of receipt of this email. Please allow up to an extra 5 working days for bank transfer delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

This doesn't happen for the S III, does it?
    Also, how much do you get? Linkage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

galaxy tabs and note only

ended on the 31st of december anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

Got galaxy tab 2 in powercity 19 August. Followed claim procedures to the letter,got €50 transferred to bank account early December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Not Note II? Can currently get reduced and tempted. If money is returned I'm buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

The cashback is on tablets only, it's not for phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

scudodave wrote: »
    Got galaxy tab 2 in powercity 19 August. Followed claim procedures to the letter,got €50 transferred to bank account early December.

Thats nearly 3 months from submitting your claim (if you submitted it at the start of the 30-45 day period)- sounds like I have a while to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭baldbear

Hi guys.

Samsung emailed me looking for a photo of the back of my tablet with the serial no. But the writing is tiny! When i take a picture i can't really see the serial no. I have a clear picture of the box. Will this do ? Did anyone here have to do this.

Finally received notification tonight (via email) that I will receive my €50 into my account tomorrow..

Edit: Got it this morning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 armian

they seem to be delaying payment as long as they can, I received confirmation on the 31st Jan that I'd receive the cash within 30 days (36 days ago) so followed up via email and their reply ...

"Due to the high volume of claims we have received, we are regrettably experiencing a back log of payments which we are working through in date order. As your payment is overdue, I will mark it as a priority payment and you should receive it within 7 - 10 working days"

call me cynical, but I don't believe this for one second, 50 £/€ multiplied by many many customers sitting in their account for an extra few weeks equals not insignificant extra earnings for Samsung. I've no doubt I'll get my €50 eventually, but wish they wouldn't bull sh1t us with messages like "We always endeavour to process payments quicker and will do so if possible." (from their claim tracking website)

sigh... :)

In fairness, its hard to know where the delay is. the claims are being processed by a 3rd party, not Samsung. The 3rd party only sends out the money when received from Samsung. Whether the delay is at the Samsung end, or at the 3rd party, is impossible to say - possibly a combination of both

Advertisement