Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerlingus booking help for booking a musical instrument

• 30-08-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone can help me..
    I am flying with Aerlingus to Germany and tried to book my guitar in its hardcase into the hold ,but there does not appear to be anywhere to book instruments onto plane. I followed the link which takes you to musical instruments to no avail, tried ringing aer lingus to no avail, no email available eitheir. I am at a complete loss, anybody got a recent experience of travelling with an instrument and prebooking onto hold. Help would be greatly appreciated...I have searched high and low on the website ....nothing!

I wanted to prebook to save some money 30 eur each way online , 40 euro at airport
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Caggles

Well I finally got through to Aer Lingus
    It seems you have to book your guitar/instrument on as a golf bag as the musical instrument section is not operational on the aer lingus website, then you have to ring reservations to tell them that you have done this so they can note it on your booking...very longwinded if you ask me...they could just get the link operational...dosent look good for an international company...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Hi there

It seems to be pot luck depending on who you fly with, and where your going.

I was doing a bit in the canaries a few years ago, easy enough with a package flight, they just put it in the hold - no worries.

Went to Pisa with Ryanair about 4 years ago.. cost €60 round trip to bring the guitar but they again took it off me and it landed on the baggage area.

did a wedding in budapest last year and while you can bring your guitar in dublin to the oversized baggage area it took me ages to find it in Budapest. It went to a completely different area, and then on the way home nobody knew what to do with it.. I ended up having to bring it through security and carry it on to the plane where it was stored up the front and this was after I had paid Aer lingus €80 for the pleaseure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Any suggestions for how to bring a guitar when you dont have a hard case? Is it possible to bring it onboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Any suggestions for how to bring a guitar when you dont have a hard case? Is it possible to bring it onboard?

Flew to Toronto in October. We had the guitar in a soft case and checked it in as carry on at the desk. The girl just stuck a 'Carry On' sticker around the handle. No problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

eire1 wrote: »
    Flew to Toronto in October. We had the guitar in a soft case and checked it in as carry on at the desk. The girl just stuck a 'Carry On' sticker around the handle. No problem.

Thanks - I presume that wasn't Aer Lingus, was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

You'll be taking a chance. Get a hard case because there is no guarantee that they'll allow you to take it on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

No, it was Air Transat. Like iMADEtheBBC said you should probably double check first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

This is relevant, if not actually very helpful. :)

Advertisement