Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My fav Youtube beauty vloggers. Who are yours?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

I currently love Zarbeauty. I have to confess it's mostly because she is my dream girl of how I would love to look.

She had the perfect hair.

She is also very sweet which is a prerequisite of mine.

I also really like Leighannsays. She is very quirky and manages to pull of dramatic looks without looking ridiculous. She is also quite real.

I like patricia bright she is clear and I usually end up having a pretty good idea of how to do something from her.

I like older gurus too. I like LisaD and hot and flashy.

I like what laurendidinheels. I like her because she branches out into other life stuff like career advice and financial wisdom for women.

I like Pinksofoxy because she seems to understand you need to find a way of living realistically. I don't like gurus who pretend to be perfect all the time.
    I like Andreas Choice too she is freaking adorable!

Currently am obsessed with Zarbeauty and leighanswers though! :-)

Love ZAR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm currently watching "hello october", she is really good and soooo beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I watch a lot of the British youtubers, though I go through phases of liking them, when they start getting annoying I just unsubscribe for a while. ;)

My favourites at the moment are Amelia Liana, FleurDeForce & heyclaire (an American youtuber) - I really like their personalities as well as the content of their beauty/makeup videos.

I also like the kind of looks done by youtubers like Nicole Guerrero & Jaclyn Hill, they really go for that flawless base & beautiful smokey eye look.

ShazGV wrote: »
    I watch a lot of the British youtubers, though I go through phases of liking them, when they start getting annoying I just unsubscribe for a while. ;)

My favourites at the moment are Amelia Liana, FleurDeForce & heyclaire (an American youtuber) - I really like their personalities as well as the content of their beauty/makeup videos.

I also like the kind of looks done by youtubers like Nicole Guerrero & Jaclyn Hill, they really go for that flawless base & beautiful smokey eye look.

Just saw Amelia Liana recently for the first time she comes across as a lovely girl. Her make up collection is to die for! She literally has everything! I'd say she comes from a wealthy background.

I think I read in the past couple of months that her parents are millionaires (or at least extremely wealthy) so she definitely comes from a wealthy background. I love seeing that luxurious life though, I like living vicariously through these rich youtubers. ;)

Another one I forgot to mention before is Sharon Farrell (sharonthemakeupartist), an Irish woman based in Australia. She does some great looks & seems like she's great craic.

I used to really rate Chloe Boucher's skills until i saw her YouTube tutorials. My god she uses some amount of product, to the point where it looks mucky and ridiculous. I have no idea why she uses so much make up because she's naturally very pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I love LittleKiva, her style would be far too dramatic for me for day to day wear but she's one of the most talented MUA's in the business, as far as I've seen.

I'm also a fan of FleurDeForce, Zoella, and SWalkerMakeUp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I love LittleKiva, her style would be far too dramatic for me for day to day wear but she's one of the most talented MUA's in the business, as far as I've seen.

Yeah little kiva is talented and she gives little tips to deal with certain products like if you have dry skin with this foundation do this or whatever. She is also brave in that she shows what it looks like in natural light on her photos like the rest of us. Some people get away with a lot with the lighting they use. But her looks are pretty strong and a bit to much for me to wear. I wish she would do some natural looks too. But I think her personal style is pretty dramatic anyway.

WhiteRoses wrote: »

Actually here is the most natural I have seen her make up and it is pretty wearable. But the other thing is her colouring is COMPLETELY different to my own and I don't know if it could work for me.

Maybe I should be brave and give it a go!

I like the way she doesn't care what people think and just does her eyebrows purple because she wants to!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

heyclaire is in a league of her own! She is unbelievably talented. Her videos are so beautifully edited, I generally sit in awe watching her. I think she deserves way more recognition than she gets!

^ She's incredible! The editing on her latest what's in my bag video is outstanding, I can't fathom that's she's still so relatively unknown.

• Advertisement

^ She's incredible! The editing on her latest what's in my bag video is outstanding, I can't fathom that's she's still so relatively unknown.
    Stuff like that doesn't matter to me though. I go for the personality.

A lot of the time tech prowess actually distances you from the personality which is what you are drawn to.

I could easily forget about HER. If that makes sense. But yes I am sure she is talented.

In the end it's the person. Someone can be quiet or loud but it's the warmth of their presence rather than the gadgetry for me.

Not that she does not seem to be a nice person or anything and yes very talented. But I like the warmth of of people.

I love her hair though!

Maybe if I listen to her talk more she will grow on me :)

Actually I take my above post back she is growing on me now as I listen to her. Plus I love that she has tats!

This is pretty amazing work!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love her personality, I think she seems like a genuinely nice person. She's very open with her viewers about the struggles she faces in her personal life and I find her really relatable. Her hair is gorgeous!

I just mentioned her editing because her last few videos have just been, to me anyway, HOLY CRAP! She puts in an insane amount of effort. :)

That being said, I do also like Lily Melrose, Vivianna Does Make Up, FleurDeForce, icovetthee. I used to like missglamorazzi but she tries to act so cutesy and fake nerdy in her videos now that I find her grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

^ Exact same issue with missglamorazzi for me. Actually I don't tend to watch many of the youtubers I used to watch religiously at all now (pixiwoo, Tanya Burr, Rachel Whitehurst, essiebutton). They just seem to come across as so fake now compared to when I started watching them years ago.

I really like vintageortacky and letzmakeup - both of them do really good tutorials and are informative. Letzmakeup is especially great as she is based in Ireland so most of the products she uses are easily accessible.

I occasionally watch fleurdeforce and leighannsays as well.

Edit: Forgot about Lisa Eldridge! She is great. So knowledgeable and uses a wide range of products (not just high end, like what you would expect of a top MUA).

I think Tanya Burr has dumbed herself down a lot from when she first started. Maybe it's because she has a lot of young followers but the happy clappy vibes and the baby voice just annoys me sometimes. I still watch her though but if you search her first video and compare it to how she is now its so contrasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

anna080 wrote: »
    I think Tanya Burr has dumbed herself down a lot from when she first started. Maybe it's because she has a lot of young followers but the happy clappy vibes and the baby voice just annoys me sometimes. I still watch her though but if you search her first video and compare it to how she is now its so contrasting!

She's a very good business lady.. fair play to her in some respects but Jaysus.. she's the most immature woman I've ever come across.. like a simpleton in some ways..

rustyzip wrote: »
    She's a very good business lady.. fair play to her in some respects but Jaysus.. she's the most immature woman I've ever come across.. like a simpleton in some ways..

She never used to be that way though. Some of her vlogs are unbearable, they cutsey baby voice and the cooing over Jim and treating him like a baby. Her friends seem to be the same too, all like hyperactive teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

She never used to be that way though. Some of her vlogs are unbearable, they cutsey baby voice and the cooing over Jim and treating him like a baby. Her friends seem to be the same too, all like hyperactive teenagers.

I suppose, they know their audience.. tweens.. weak for that type of sh**e :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I watch Fleurdeforce all the time. I love when she daily vlogs on her vlog channel and Mike is in the vlog because I think her personality comes acrosss so much better when she is with him.
    I love her style, her personality and the make-up looks she puts together. I also like the way she runs her business. I can see her moving away from vlogging in the next few years and concentrating on her own brand.

I also love Lisa Eldridge. She has such a soothing voice, none of the hyperactivity like some of the beauty vloggers. I do find she's not great for information though. She'll often do a vid and be talking about products that are no longer available. Delighted she has joined forces with Lancome (my favourite make-up brand) and I'm hoping she'll work her magic on the brand.

I cannot stand Tanya Burr. She is one of the few vloggers who actually has a foundation in make-up but has dumbed herself down so much (obviously trying to get her share of the Zoella audience). In her earlier videos (when she was obviously younger than she is now) she was just a normal girl and came across so well, just passionate about make up, whereas now it's all about acting like she's 15 and giggling and pretending she doesn't fully comprehend the English language and Jiiiiiiiiim :rolleyes:

^^ I love when Mike is in Fleur's vlogs he is so nice! Love when she turns the camera to him and he says hello in his Mr Darcy-esque manner!

• Advertisement

I'll admit I didn't get the appeal when I started watching Fleur's vlogs at first, but now I swooooon over Mike every time! Love him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Mike = Flynn Rider from Tangled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i have to say im a big lover of the fleur de force vlogs and videos also!! She comes across quite nice and you dont see a whole lot of product pushing form her like you do with missglamorazzi or carlibybel or even zoella. Fleur seems to pick her projects wisely so she keeps a loyal audience and its probably the vlogger book ill actually buy when it comes out!! She also is quite modest about the fact that she has some designer bits and pieces and you can tell she hates to think people think shes boasting.

Tanya i liked at the beginning but now i cant stand, i never liked zoella either but then i think they aim for a younger crowd.

My favourites that i watch religously have to be fleur de force, amelia liana, lustrelux, nicole guerrerio and jaclyn hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I love an American vlogger called Kathleenlights she is really funny and has great videos. Also love TiffanyD she's the first person I ever watched and I keep up with her, she just had a baby in the last couple weeks too. I like EssieButton as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love FleurDeForce, Pixiwoo, Amelia Liana, Katie Elizabeth Sharon Farrell and The Make up Chair (Sineady Cady). I've found so many great products from FDF and Sharon Farrell.

I really like Jaclyn Hill, SprinkleogGlitter, Garbriella, BeautyCrush, Lauren Curtis, Tanya Burr, Zoella but find them annoying at times, esp Tanya and Jaclyn, Tanya is quite childish at times too.

I started watching AlisonLovesJB, Shonagh Scott,and Alexandrea Garza recently too and really like them so far. MakeUp Geek is another one I like but there's something about that I find a bit irritating, I'm not sure what though. I hate that way she says "swatchy swatch" though, that really annoys me.

I really disliked Lauren Curtis' recent video about "removing" make up when staying at your boyfriends house. Nobody needs to go to bed pretending they have no make up on when they actually do. I felt like she was perpetuating the idea that girls have to look perfect 24/7 and God forbid he saw how you really looked straight away.
    I feel like she should have taken the opportunity to address something that would inspire girls and not feed their insecurities. She started off the video on a good note but then she totally contradicted herself.

I really disliked Lauren Curtis' recent video about "removing" make up when staying at your boyfriends house. Nobody needs to go to bed pretending they have no make up on when they actually do. I felt like she was perpetuating the idea that girls have to look perfect 24/7 and God forbid he saw how you really looked straight away.
    I feel like she should have taken the opportunity to address something that would inspire girls and not feed their insecurities. She started off the video on a good note but then she totally contradicted herself.
    What video was that?

I must admit - I don't watch all the videos of the people I named in my previous post (I wouldn't have the time lol :D), I only watch the ones that interest me, usually hauls, morning/nighttime routines, some tutorials etc.

What video was that?

I must admit - I don't watch all the videos of the people I named in my previous post (I wouldn't have the time lol :D), I only watch the ones that interest me, usually hauls, morning/nighttime routines, some tutorials etc.

I think it's called "removing make up in front of boys". It's pretty sad really.

I think it's called "removing make up in front of boys". It's pretty sad really.
    I must have a look at it.

I forgot to mention themaddiebruce and Shaaanxo in my previous post, I watch them the odd time, I have to say I find Shaaanxo super irritating, I don't know what it is about her but sometimes she comes across as though she as a "fcuk you" attitude, almost like she is superior to others and that's one attitude that really grates on me. I just can't bear it.

I watch themaddiebruce sometimes too and although I like her videos, she just comes across as childish at times, she seems like a lovely girl, just a bit immature sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

I watch Nicole Guerriero occasionally but I find it hard to watch her watching herself in the viewfinder for at least 45% of the video. It was such an unattractive quality, I had to unsubscribe.

I briefly watched Tanya Burr, even more briefly Zoella, then gave up for all the reasons everyone has already listed! I also used to watch FleurDeForce but her makeup always looks the same to me. She always features a lot of fashion on her channel, and her taste is so different to mine I have no interest. I also used to watch Essiebutton but I get that Tanya Burr thing from her too now, but she wasn't always like that. Trying to be goofy on purpose is just irritating.

Sharon Farrell is so enjoyable to watch, she's a very talented MUA, but also gives great information about the products. And I find her funny. My heart lifts a little when I see she's uploaded a video :D

LetzMakeUp is really informative and talented, and she's doing some very different looks lately. She uses quality makeup for all different budgets so I find her really great :)

Lisa Eldridge is so relaxing to watch, and I trust her opinion on everything completely.

I've recently started watching Amelia Liana and, while I get a touch of the Tanya Burr vibe from her I feel it's how she genuinely is so it doesn't bother me as much. I only watch the videos I think I'll really find interesting though, none of her vlogs.

I've also started watching AlisonLovesJB lately and she's pretty good too.

I leave Lauren Curtis on in the background if I'm cleaning my room or something :P

Advertisement