Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 is a gonna be a damn good year

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, look at this list of games

January
    -DMC: Devil May Cry

February
    -Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    -Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    -Dead Space 3
    -Aliens: Colonial Marines
    -Rayman: Legends
    -Crysis 3

March
    -Tomb Raider
    -Gears of War: Judgement
    -God of War: Ascension
    -Bioshock: Infinite
    -Metro: Last Light

April
    -Injustice: Gods Among Us

May
    -Remember Me
    -The Last of Us
    -GTA V

And thats not even half the year. And we're bound to see at least one of the xbox 720/ps4 or whatever they end up being called. Considering 2012 was to me at least, a pretty poor year, 2013 looks awesome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

March is stacked !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TBH the only one that interests me on that list is GTA, and possibly MGS.

But those two alone could occupy months for me. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ni No Kuni + Anarchy Reigns >>>> DmC in January ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm in March too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also:

Beyond: Two Souls
    Dead Island: Riptide
    Shadowrun Returns
    South Park: Stick of Truth (hhhhmmmmmm)
    Watch Dogs
    Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cloud493 wrote: »
    Considering 2012 was to me at least, a pretty poor year, 2013 looks awesome :D

I don't know about that, I'll give you that most of the AAA titles this year disappointed me but there were many games this year that I had little prior knowledge of or only heard about on release week that I really enjoyed.

The lack of new IP is really starting to get to me now, as many of the games this year I mentioned enjoying without prior knowledge of were new IP's and most of the stuff posted for next year are sequels , not that they will be bad just I'd like something new too....... though a dragons dogma sequel will be most welcome :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also:
    South Park: Stick of Truth (hhhhmmmmmm)
    Watch Dogs

Can't wait for that South Park game... Everything I've seen of it looks promising.
    Hopefully it'll eradicate the memories of that PS1 travesty. :)

Watch Dogs too, although I wouldn't be surprised if this gets delayed until 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Highlights of this year to me were

PS Vita
    Max Payne 3
    spec ops the line
    Pokemon black 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Wonderful 101
    Bayonetta 2
    Phantasy star online 2
    Luigi mansion 2
    Yakuza 5
    Monster hunter
    Pikmin 3

Yep my pockets will be empty 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah 2012 had lots of great games imo, i played and enjoyed

Diablo
    Farcry
    The walking dead
    Csgo
    Xcom
    Tribes
    Guildwars
    + other games from previous years

Still really want to play

Dishonoured
    Borderlands
    Halo
    AC
    Masseffect
    FTL
    Maxpayne
    Planetside

Honestly there are too many games being released if anything ! Not enough time to play them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wonderful 101
    Bayonetta 2
    Phantasy star online 2
    Luigi mansion 2
    Yakuza 5
    Monster hunter
    Pikmin 3

Yep my pockets will be empty 2013

Bayonetta 2 is wii u only still ???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

But.....but....but...I need to save money next year :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sim city 5 and watch dogs too

2012 was great...

Mass Effect 3
    Max Payne 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    Spec Ops: The Line

EDIT: Oh, and of course Thomas Was Alone.

And I also got Skyrim and MGS HD collection this year.

All fantastic games.

Only disappointments have been Assassin's Creed III (which I haven't played in four weeks and have no desire to return to :() and the last 10 minutes of ME3.

Hard to know how 2013 can top it, but GTAV looks so damn good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    TBH the only one that interests me on that list is GTA, and possibly MGS.

But those two alone could occupy months for me. :)

your loss

KilOit wrote: »
    your loss

Not really a loss, they just don't interest me.

I'm sure there's more to come that'll be more my type of games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

cloud493 wrote: »
    Seriously, look at this list of games

January
    -DMC: Devil May Cry

I can't think of a worse start to the year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not a patch on 2011 for me, bar GTA V. Still a big improvement on this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still need to play the games I have and the get some of the 2012 games that I never got (at least they'll be cheaper).

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I had heard from a couple of computer game shops that GTA5 is coming out in the first quarter of the year and i had heard 1st week in March mentioned specifically too.Where did you hear May as the month its coming out?

• Advertisement

Aiel wrote: »
    I had heard from a couple of computer game shops that GTA5 is coming out in the first quarter of the year and i had heard 1st week in March mentioned specifically too.Where did you hear May as the month its coming out?

May is a worst case scenario, in that it's the last month of Spring (in the US, let's not get into that debate here please :P). No date has been announced, so anything anyone says is nothing more than a guess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Company of Heroes 2 is scheduled for April as well. Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*cough* Company of Heroes 2 *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Aiel wrote: »

R* fiscal year begins in April or may and they always seem to avoid putting 2 games out in the same fiscal year

with max payne out last may and nothing else coming out in 2013 they will push GTA into April/may to make they're books look good

EDIT: Im going to be so so broke in march its not even funny

Jesus next year is going to be a great year for RTS
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
    Blizz have seemed to have woken up and are trying to make the multiplayer more exciting its been very dull the last few months

Company of Heroes 2
    I really really hope thq stay afloat until this release and i hope it does very well

Total War: Rome 2
    After how good shogun was i have really high hopes for this

Command and Conquer Generals 2
    I havent got much hope for this game but it will be interesting to see how the F2P model works in rts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    May is a worst case scenario, in that it's the last month of Spring (in the US, let's not get into that debate here please :P). No date has been announced, so anything anyone says is nothing more than a guess.

May is a guesstamite cause LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 came out that month. Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion, Castlevania, Fire Emblem on my 3DS and fingers crossed that Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover. Hoping to see the EA UFC game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    Bayonetta 2 is wii u only still ???? :(
    Yup, can't see that changing either what with Nintendo basically paying for it to be completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

NTMK wrote: »
    Jesus next year is going to be a great year for RTS
    Company of Heroes 2
    I really really hope thq stay afloat until this release and i hope it does very well

Total War: Rome 2
    After how good shogun was i have really high hopes for this

It would be a disaster for Company of Heroes 2 to get cancelled if THQ goes down , but I could see some other company purchasing it off them if that happens anyway as its such a successful IP along with DOW

Personally I though Shogun was terrible , I'm looking forward to going back to a larger landmass , massive variety compared to just the Samurai (I never bothered with the DLC for shogun ) and sea invasions :eek: It's going to be epic
    And if they bring back the senate mechanics , even better :D

So for me next year will be
    Bioshock , COH , Rome and GTA
    Maybe Watch dogs if it's released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Give me Tomb Raider and mabe Rayman: Legends, and I honestly couldn't care less about the rest of them. I especially don't care for the abombination that is DMC. Not to mention how bad Dead Space 3 looks. Gears will probably be worth a spin, because they're good fun co-op games. Also, bring on Arachy Riegns in January.

• Advertisement

It would be a disaster for Company of Heroes 2 to get cancelled if THQ goes down , but I could see some other company purchasing it off them if that happens anyway as its such a successful IP along with DOW

Problem is that would push the game out probably another 6 months due to the transfer of relic also thq seem to let their studios do what they want with the franchises and it would be a great shame if relic and others lost that freedom

thq going under would be a huge loss to gaming
    Personally I though Shogun was terrible , I'm looking forward to going back to a larger landmass , massive variety compared to just the Samurai (I never bothered with the DLC for shogun ) and sea invasions :eek: It's going to be epic
    And if they bring back the senate mechanics , even better :D

shogun wasnt as good as rome but it showed that Creative assembly are returning to form considering some of the stuff they released in between

Advertisement