Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEGO Technic for Adults :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Toys.ie is Smyths. There is a stock checker on the right of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

Mr E wrote: »
    Toys.ie is Smyths. There is a stock checker on the right of the page.

Sorry i dont fully understand what you mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Obsolete01 wrote: »
    Sorry i dont fully understand what you mean ?
    Search their site, then order for delivery or walk into a Smyths toy superstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not too sound like immature prick, but I would LOVE!!!! Those technick Legos!!!

Looks so cool, but if I get something like that misses will freaking leave me! :( I am nerdy enough already :(

Not too sound like immature prick, but I would LOVE!!!! Those technick LegosThat LEGO Technic!!!

Looks so cool, but if I get something like that misses will freaking leave me! :( I am nerdy enough already :(

Not nerdy enough, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not nerdy enough, I'm afraid.

Aye, my English is not great man! :D

I just checked Lego website and there is some savage stuff. When I was kid I could afford technic and model range, but now I can, sort of lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Not too sound like immature prick, but I would LOVE!!!! Those technick Legos!!!

I've always thought that mindstorms were the coolest thing ever. Actually, I think I may be coming close to the point where I have to start building robots. :pac: Time to move beyond semi-functional meccano cars.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Lego transcends age, i want the lego haunted house for christmas

Shams wrote: »
    Lego transcends age, i want the lego haunted house for christmas

I'm just got the gf to order me the haunted house :D it was between the haunted house and the town hall but I reckon the haunted house is better :D

I'll order the Lego Technics after the Xmas I'll get it in smyths in the sales....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bit Off Topic - but I remember seeing this and thinking it was real interesting in regards to Lego.

A secret Lego Vault - that has 1 of every Lego set ever produced :D
    If you click on the link, the guy gets a tour of the vault :D
    Maybe that's why visiting Lego's Memory Lane-the secret vault guarding almost every Lego set ever manufactured-touched me in a way I didn't expect. This wasn't amazement or simple awe. I was already astonished to no end by the tour of the Lego factory. No, this was something else, something bigger than the impressive view of the 4,720 Lego sets inside this lair. These weren't just simple boxes full of bricks. These were tickets to ride a time portal to emotions and simpler days long forgotten.

http://gizmodo.com/5018990/lego-secret-vault-contains-all-sets-in-history

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolutely love LEGO, still build it to this day. Unfortunately there arent enough of those Technic sets released. I loved building the Ferrari's. I did always want the huge Millennium Falcon...

Also I would love to build my way through that vault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I have three Technics sets built; a large crane, a tow-truck and a 4x4 jeep. All cost somewhere between €90 and €110. The crane was the most fun and it took me about a week of evenings after work. I also built a model trebuchet that can actually catapult objects. Next project is a Tamiya model that's been hanging around for a while, need brushes and paints.

I have three Technics sets built; a large crane, a tow-truck and a 4x4 jeep. All cost somewhere between €90 and €110. The crane was the most fun and it took me about a week of evenings after work. I also built a model trebuchet that can actually catapult objects. Next project is a Tamiya model that's been hanging around for a while, need brushes and paints.

Oh wow cool :-)

Would you mind posting the links to the ones you have done and the Tamiya model your talking about please so I could have a look maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Obsolete01 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I dont know if I am posting this in the correct place but basically I am looking for adult LEGO Technic or Knex and if somone could help me in trying to find something similar to the links below and as to where to buy them also please:

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-4X4-Crawler-9398-!124296-prd.aspx

http://www.knex.com/Thrill_Rides/6-foot-ferris-wheel.php

Smyths have them
    I picked up one for myself
    For all things Lego on boards pop along to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=668

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

That NXT mindstorms robot set is cool, they're programmed in a proper language used in industry (national instruments labview) so you learn something useful while you play around with it. But you don't have to write code it's all done visually.

During 3rd year in Computer Science in DIT we got to actually code those mind storms robots to do things for us. They were running some sort of custom firmware which allowed us to do it. It was class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

This Lego related story tugged at even my cold, dead heart:

Here

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

We did some mindstorms programming in college too. Had a class once a week where we had to build a robot, program it as best we could for a specific task, then compete at that task against other groups in the class. Most efficient programmer wins the race / obstacle course / whatever. Was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I got this for my 6th birthday.

Happiest moment in my life :pac:

713046.jpg

i loved it, just a few that i remember owning :(

roboguardian.jpg

then had this too:

7425705956_d733f1a41f.jpg

TECHNICNITROBIKEGTXGTX500nostivkersA8210.jpg

i could put them back together without any instruction almost blind folded and the way instructions step by step would ask you . :(. god i hope i wont buy myself a lego for xmas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

o1s1n wrote: »
    I got this for my 6th birthday.

Happiest moment in my life :pac:

713046.jpg

I got that for Christmas. With the exception of the collectors targeted site exclusive set I think it's their best ship ever. Started getting into lego again last year - exiting my dark age as Lego fan sites would call it - and I've picked up a few technic sets recently. Would love the Unimog from last year. Also the Modular town series stuff is amazing, the prices of the discounted ones are UCS Millenium Falcon crazy.

wasnt there some lego mmorpg? where you could actually build stuff too?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Meirleach

wasnt there some lego mmorpg? where you could actually build stuff too?
    Minecraft? :P

There was lego universe, but I half remember an earlier online lego game that actually involved building things with lego...

RIP Lego Universe, October 2010-January 2012.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RIP Lego Universe, October 2010-January 2012.

Really?! I though it was a class idea. I was even thinking trying it out just for the building idea alone. Got distracted by shiny objects though :(

This will be awesome! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1490017/

shameless bump! :o

this fella is a very known BF3 youtuber. its the video of his apartment and look how much lego he has! i wont hide it, i am thinking fo getting at least a small lego for myself as an xmas present! :o

just ordered this. :pac:

lego-7519-92871-1-product.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

just ordered this. :pac:

lego-7519-92871-1-product.jpg

Getting that from Santa myself

Advertisement