Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam's Community Market enters Beta

Options
  • 12-12-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

Looks like the Steam Community Market began its beta period on Wednesday. While currently only applicable to Team Fortress 2 I can see this being rolled out fairly rapidly to other Valve games, at least during the beta period.

Gamasutra are calling this one a new source of revenue for developers but I'm not really sure how it's going to work yet. I mean, does this meant the Steam Workshop will remain a centralised store for free user-generated content while the Market is for paid stuff? Does this mean that both Valve and the game publisher will get a cut of said user-based content? Hell, could this be a precursor for people being able to re-sell their unwanted games?

Official Community Market FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity its not any game bought on steam

Love to sell the likes of ops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Made a fiver selling items I will never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Meh, my TF2 inventory is always full, bout 300 items, good ones too. But can anyone really be that bothered ?

I always sigh with despair during the game when I see someone bought someone else the item "Something special" , which is basically a ring for the character, and it costs $100 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I always sigh with despair during the game when I see someone bought someone else the item "Something special" , which is basically a ring for the character, and it costs $100 !!

You're s*itting me? Holy crap some people have more money than sense. I imagine there's an alarm that goes off in the office when someone buys something like that and everyone laughs and pats the creator on the back.

Advertisement