Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough cost to install dishwasher

Options
  • 12-01-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New house build, when i moved in, realised the integrated dishwasher was installed but not plumbed, which I found strange.

When I pulled out the dishwasher, there was a cold feed pipe, but not a pipe for waste water,

Can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at to get someone in to put in the dishwasher? I know I would need to call out someone for a definitive price, just want to make sure I can afford it,

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Hi all,

New house build, when i moved in, realised the integrated dishwasher was installed but not plumbed, which I found strange.

When I pulled out the dishwasher, there was a cold feed pipe, but not a pipe for waste water,

Can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at to get someone in to put in the dishwasher? I know I would need to call out someone for a definitive price, just want to make sure I can afford it,

Any help appreciated

Are you sure there isn't a spout attached to the trap under the sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

It's highly unlikely that provision hasn't been made for draining the dishwasher. Get someone to take a look for you who knows what they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Can u post a pic of the waste pipe work under the sink: as Sky says its most likely there

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Hi all,

Any help appreciated

If there isn't an outlet on the sink trap its just a matter of changing the trap to one with a hose outlet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who I could ask that would know, :eek::confused:

I attach some pics, and I realise the cold water pump is facing into a press :eek: i have no idea how that came about, but i have a jigsaw to cut a hole for it,

not even sure if these pics are any use, phone died taking them,

I can take out the recycling bins to take more pics, once phone gets any power

• Advertisement

mean cold water pipe for dishwasher to be attached to ....

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who I could ask that would know, :eek::confused:

I attach some pics, and I realise the cold water pump is facing into a press :eek: i have no idea how that came about, but i have a jigsaw to cut a hole for it,

not even sure if these pics are any use, phone died taking them,

I can take out the recycling bins to take more pics, once phone gets any power

Still can't see all the waste pipework. Stand back from it a little and re take

Hi guys.

finally getting back with photos

Hi guys.

finally getting back with photos

The trap at the back can be replaced for one with a spout for your dishwasher. You'll need a hole drilled in the press to attached the water hose though

Thanks,

Can drill the hole myself, to cut costs,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Whats the best place to pick up an anti siphoning trap.
    Ive two connections, one for dishwasher, one for washing machine. The connections are just below the sink drain, and above the U bend. It can make noise emptying but it doesn't (can't) suck water in.

I was thinking of replacing the U bend set up with an anti siphoning type where the drains for both the washing machine and the dishwasher are after the U bend.
    Im also wondering if I can get just the anti siphoning part?

Online or bricks and mortar options?

Advertisement