Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomed through song!

Options

Comments

It's actually pretty catchy. Good song, good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I smell a hit single. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I think I prefer the cheerful Christian songs. My absolute favorite one at the moment:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ah Christian rock music....when your love of god just can't be shown without a 3 note guitar solo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I know those guys! Well not personally but i did see Louis Theroux spend some time with them in a documentary. Its great,down right infuriating, well worth the watch though, heres a link to the whole episode on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=054D8BDDB1CF54A0&search_query=the+most+hated+family+in+america

When he seems to almost get through to the (admittedly kind of hot) daughter is heart breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Awful lyrics can be over looked.

Tuneless melody can nearly be forgiven.

Not a single sihnging voice in the production is fine in religious music.

That kid at the end ...

... I actually feel a hate crime coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

I continue to have this sneaking suspicion that one day it will be revealed that the Westboro Church is actually the greatest SNL parody sketch ever created.

Don't worry though. Like always, MM is on the case. I take everything he says with a pinch of salt, but this is downright hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Wow. It's such a great... clash. Of everything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Speaking of songs, I guess most of ye have heard the new Regina Spektor song:
    No one laughs at God in a hospital
    No one laughs at God in a war
    No one's laughing at God when they're starving or freezing or so very poor

No one laughs at God when the doctor calls after some routine tests
    No one's laughing at God when it's gotten real late and their kid's not back from that party yet

No one laughs at God when their airplane starts to uncontrollably shake
    No one's laughing at God when they see the one they love hand in hand with someone else and they hope that they're mistaken
    No one laughs at God when the cops knock on their door and they say "We've got some bad new, sir,"
    No one's laughing at God when there's a famine, fire or flood

But God can be funny
    At a cocktail party while listening to a good God-themed joke or
    Or when the crazies say he hates us and they get so red in the head you think that they're about to choke

God can be funny
    When told he'll give you money if you just pray the right way
    And when presented like a genie
    Who does magic like Houdini
    Or grants wishes like Jiminy Cricket and Santa Claus

God can be so hilarious
    Ha ha
    Ha ha

No one's laughing at God when they've lost all they got and they don't know what for

No one laughs at God on the day they realize that the last sight they'll ever see is a pair of hateful eyes
    No one's laughing at God when they're saying their goodbyes

But God can be funny
    At a cocktail party while listening to a good God-themed joke or
    Or when the crazies say he hates us and they get so red in the head you think that they're about to choke

God can be funny
    When told he'll give you money if you just pray the right way
    And when presented like a genie
    Who does magic like Houdini
    Or grants wishes like Jiminy Cricket and Santa Claus

God can be so hilarious

No one's laughing at God in a hospital
    No one's laughing at God in a war

No one's laughing at God when they're starving or freezing or so very poor

No one's laughing at God
    No one's laughing at God
    No one's laughing at God
    We're all laughing with God

She seems to want to suggest that we all take god seriously when the **** hits the fan.
    Its a rather silly proposition. She recongises the different views people have of god when she attacks them but fails to spot her own as being just as silly if less hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Thank God for Matthew 7

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

A scripture that the Phelps's seem to conveniently forget but which is quite central to real Christian living. I'm glad they have forgotten it, if there is a heaven then this verse reveals that they and their ilk will not be there, thank God.

And while we are on the subject here's some more God awful "Christian music":

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

5uspect wrote: »
    Speaking of songs, I guess most of ye have heard the new Regina Spektor song:

She seems to want to suggest that we all take god seriously when the **** hits the fan.
    Its a rather silly proposition. She recongises the different views people have of god when she attacks them but fails to spot her own as being just as silly if less hateful.

Aint heard that one yet. Dont agree with the message of the song but I think shes great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm of the opinion that one should not give Westboro any more attention than they already have. It's fine in here, as you're (reverse?) preaching to the (anti?) choir, but I hate seeing posts about these sons of bitches in AH and the like. All they want is attention, and they should not get it.

They are absolute scumbags of the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

5uspect wrote: »
    She seems to want to suggest that we all take god seriously when the **** hits the fan..
    Just another way of saying "no atheists in foxholes". Never mind that there have been atheists in foxholes for as long as there have been foxholes.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 epik

That is frickin' hilarious....

What is that melody? Ah yes... "we are the world" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0

Brilliant post, thanks!

Advertisement