Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ecofan 810 stove fan

• 15-01-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Have just ordered an ecofan 810 stove top fan today, going to sit atop my Oisin stove to better circulate hot air into my room.

http://www.ecofan.ie/?page_id=86

Has any one any experience using this fan? Reviews say they work :)

Is it powerful that you can feel it blowing a foot or two away from were it's placed?

Cheers

The Cig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭RJF

The only thing that the fan would move that wasn't going to move anyway is the money from your pocket to theirs imo. Think about the law of conservation of energy - you can't get something for nothing. The heat would have been transferred through natural convection anyway but now you can see it moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

So you don't think the fans wouid hot air circulation away from stove?

At the moment its quite a hot pocket of hot air around mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

they do move the hot air away from the top of the stove to the rest of the room. If you place a candle 6 to 8 feet from the fan in the direction of the air movement you will see the candle flicker from the air movement.
    It is not a blow in your face fan just simple air movement.
    I have one on my stove

Fiskar wrote: »
    they do move the hot air away from the top of the stove to the rest of the room. If you place a candle 6 to 8 feet from the fan in the direction of the air movement you will see the candle flicker from the air movement.
    It is not a blow in your face fan just simple air movement.
    I have one on my stove

Great so you can notice the difference of your room heating up a bit quicker then before?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Moves the air around slowly but perception is that it is warmer that bit faster. Lets put it like this, there is no need to go to the stove to get warm.

• Advertisement

Fiskar wrote: »
    Moves the air around slowly but perception is that it is warmer that bit faster. Lets put it like this, there is no need to go to the stove to get warm.

That's great exactly what I was looking to find out cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

RJF wrote: »
    The only thing that the fan would move that wasn't going to move anyway is the money from your pocket to theirs imo. Think about the law of conservation of energy - you can't get something for nothing. The heat would have been transferred through natural convection anyway but now you can see it moving.

Probably the most ridiculous comment I've seen.
    Eco fans are great, but probably a bit over priced.

There is a noticeable increase in the distribution of heat in the room from before and over the course of the day you will burn (a small bit) less fuel as a result.

A good investment if you're struggling to get that heat out!

Probably the most ridiculous comment I've seen.
    Eco fans are great, but probably a bit over priced.

There is a noticeable increase in the distribution of heat in the room from before and over the course of the day you will burn (a small bit) less fuel as a result.

A good investment if you're struggling to get that heat out!

That's great thanks, I'm picking mine up on Monday :) looking forward to using it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭declan52

An Cigire wrote: »
    That's great thanks, I'm picking mine up on Monday :) looking forward to using it

I have one also and they do work. Just speeds up the movement of the hot air around your house. Ours is directed at a set of internal double doors and you can def feel the heat at that point quicker than before we had the fan.

Advertisement