Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 cursor problem

Options
  • 05-10-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

So I took advantage of the free upgrade to windows 10 during the week. All good except for a problem with cursor Lag. For example, if I'm on an Excel spread sheet and I click on a cell and enter a number, it will now take about 5 seconds before I can move the cursor to another cell. It will also happen when logging on to various sites/forums. When I type in my user name there will be a delay before I can move the cursor to the password box. It's a pain in the h**e. I believe you can switch back to windows 8 if you're not happy. So if anyone knows how to do that either, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There is a mouse setting in "Devices" that you set to "No Delay" have you checked that?

A lot of users with Nvidia GPU's are claiming it's a driver compatibility issue.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

There is a mouse setting in "Devices" that you set to "No Delay" have you checked that?

A lot of users with Nvidia GPU's are claiming it's a driver compatibility issue.

Thanks for that, I've set it to no delay and it made no difference. I'm using the touchpad by the way. The laptop is a HP Altec.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 allegrobarbaro

I have the same problem and I am searching for a permanent solution. In the meantime open the Task Manager and leave it open in the background while you do other stuff. I don't know why but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

I have the same problem and I am searching for a permanent solution. In the meantime open the Task Manager and leave it open in the background while you do other stuff. I don't know why but it works.

Thanks anyway but I spent the last few hours uninstalling 10 and reinstalling 8. Just up and running now although everything is all over the place. I'm now missing microsoft office and I've no idea where my old disk is :mad:.
    It's true what they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Advertisement