Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused about part time work and job seekers

• 27-03-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys

I've been on the welfare websites and cannot make heads nor tails of my entitlements.

I am working two days a week, equating to 15hrs and do not claim any benefits. 157€ is my total weekly income.

I understand I am entitled to some proportion of job seekers but am having a hard time working it out and wondered if any one knew the score?

Also does my employer have to sign off on a form each week to say how much I've worked?

2 days per week
    15hrs @ 10€ per hour
    Work Wed and Friday
    No other income.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you always worked these hours or have your hours been cut lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 insertjokehere

mp22 wrote: »

I have been in college up until now, so I was working these hours while studying but now I'm finished, in the process of applying and there is no more hours available where I currently work.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

mp22 wrote: »

I have been in college up until now, so I was working these hours while studying but now I'm finished, in the process of applying and there is no more hours available where I currently work.

I don't think you are entitled to claim for the other days as you have always worked those hours/days and you havent suffered a loss in wages, I.e your hours hqvent been cut.

You can still apply and see but I would doubt you will get anything as you haven't suffered a loss in employment as you've always worked those hours

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Advertisement