Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the RA ask me to move??

• 29-03-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I along with my partner are in receipt of rent allowance we have one child and are both on JSA at present. Our rent was 930 per month and our lease was up at the end of Jan we signed a new lease for a year at 930 per month

Today we received a letter from the rent allowance dept, with new forms to fill in but at the end it requests that we re negotiate our rent down to 875 per month or get in contact with the office to discuss our options

I am now so worried as I have read on here that people have been asked to seek alternative accommodation if the LL wont reduce the rent, I have no problem asking the LL but I know the answer will be no as it was reduced from 975 down to 930 for us on the first lease so I dont think LL will take another 55euro hit when I know that she is struggling financially (she lives across the courtyard from me)

I will fill in forms and send them back with a copy of the new lease which will be up in 2013, but I just wanted to know if there is a possibility that I will be asked to break my lease and move to accommodation within the guidelines

***** I am not interested in people stating that the new guidlines where set in December budget and implemented in Jan and that I signed a new lease at the end of Jan**** I am aware of all that, the situation is as it is now and I cannot time travel backwards and change what is done so I can only deal with the situation that is now and present.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

From what I've read on this board, I'd say they'd be wanting you to reduce the rent. I'd say it'd be a good idea to talk to your landlord and see if the rent can be reduced. If not, it might be an idea to talk to the CWO, explain the situation and see if they'll compromise somehow.

Advertisement