Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 28-03-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, just to be clear with myself. What happen if you got into relationship with the landlord (landlord have a job) and have a baby? do that take away your rent allowance?

If yes, I can't afford a food shopping, clothes for myself and the baby, paid the rent and nothing for me (as Im a part time worker)
    even the landlord cant afford for me and my son too... all paid onto food shopping, rent and clothes for our son. that it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Does the landlord live with you? I think that if he does and they find out, that the landlords income might be counted towards your means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

as above if the landlord now lives with you then you have to declare it and get means tested for RA and for whatever social welfare supplement you are in receipt of

if landlord doesnt live with you then there is no change

Advertisement