Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contributions & FAS Help

Options
  • 28-03-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I was put on 3 day week in March 2011 and was classed as a systamatic worker - so got paid for 2 days from Social Welfare. Then from Feb 2012 I was made redundant and have been recieving €188 JSB - although I'm worried that it willrun out soon.

So I was hoping to do a FAS Course. Will I get €188 from Fas??

Then when the course finishes can I go back onto JSB??

I'm 25 in October, so I assume that my parents would still be means tested if I still lived at home??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

culsoh wrote: »
    I was put on 3 day week in March 2011 and was classed as a systamatic worker - so got paid for 2 days from Social Welfare. Then from Feb 2012 I was made redundant and have been recieving €188 JSB - although I'm worried that it willrun out soon.

So I was hoping to do a FAS Course. Will I get €188 from Fas??

Then when the course finishes can I go back onto JSB??

I'm 25 in October, so I assume that my parents would still be means tested if I still lived at home??
    Yes you will get €188 from FÁS plus travelling and meal expenses.

Yes you can go back on JSB after your course has finished.

Once you are 25 or over you will receive the full JSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

How would I find out how many weeks on JSB I would have left??

Advertisement