Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Site Development sorely lacking in feedback

Options
  • 11-07-2014 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,640 ✭✭✭✭

I was hesitant about posting my most recent feature request, simply for the fact that in every single thread I've ever posted in Site Development, I never receive any feedback.

If you look through the forum, more than a pinch of the overall threads never receive any acknowledgement of their existence. Certainly the threads get read, that much is obvious on the forum page.

Would it not behoove the development team to acknowledge when people try to offer contributions? Even a simple post explaining "yes we thought of this but don't have plans to implement it because of other priorities" or something to that regard. The lack of any acknowledgement conveys a lack of caring or a failure to know how to respond to it. Either way the perception is that those contributions are getting ignored.

I've actually been kinda huffed about this for a couple years but its high time to bring it up.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi there. Unfortunately we are a bit stretched in the Development team at the moment, hence the lack of replies.

I am aware that there are a lot of posts that need to be answered, however I do not have the expertise to address most of them (sadyl!). I will speak to the team and see if the guys can take turns popping in to answer some of the Bug Reports and take note of the Feature Suggestions, etc. and I will continue answering what I can as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hi,
    I realise the team is a bit stretched and they have the app development to deal with etc but have you had any luck getting them to "take turns" looking at the forum and fixing bug reports?
    The majority of bug reports in there have gone totally unanswered including one that I've posted that makes using, and modding, the site a total nightmare.
    As I said, I appreciate the fact that the team are busy elsewhere, but I think it's important for them to answer queries and rectify any problems that the users are having. At the end of the day, if problems keep mounting and there's nobody taking an interest in fixing them, people will unfortunately be driven elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Hi El Guapo,

I'm working through these at the moment - will respond to the post you mentioned now. We are finalising an update on the app that will cover 90% of the issues raised, its due to go live early next week assuming testing goes ok. Will then be able to look at the issue you mentioned Promise to be more proactive in the forum going forward. It's just been a bit mental here lately.

Thanks again for your patience

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Much appreciated Declan. I wasn't having a go by the way!
    Cheers for the response. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

No problem, we're still reeling from the loss of Alvis and working through some big projects. There is lots going on - if it gets a bit quiet its not because we are out in the park playing frisby and eating Mr Freeze's (honest).

Like I said - will be more proactive in responding in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alvis has left the building?

Yeah, coat. I know... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mr E wrote: »
    Alvis has left the building?

Yeah, coat. I know... :)

Sounds more like he got murdered from that wording.

Advertisement