Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

third times a charm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

how hard would it be to get a c1 in religion,i'm so confused on my options

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

MissD93 wrote: »
    how hard would it be to get a c1 in religion,i'm so confused on my options

Nobody can answer any of your questions on the ease of getting any particular grade in any subject.

It's all down to your ability and your willingness to work.

What you should be looking at is the fact that you have already repeated the Leaving Cert and got 420/430 in it. Did you put your best effort into the repeat year? If so, is it realistic to expect another 100 point jump on the third go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

I'm also thinking of repeating this year I need 450 points. I did plc this year so might not need to repeat. If I do the subjects I'm going doing are
    English
    Biology
    Geography
    Home ec
    Art
    Ag science

I did my leaving cert in 2013. I heard ag science is a good subject and relates a lot with biology and also a bit with home ec. I'm trying to pick subjects that relate and also have projects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm also thinking of repeating this year I need 450 points. I did plc this year so might not need to repeat. If I do the subjects I'm going doing are
    English
    Biology
    Geography
    Home ec
    Art
    Ag science

I did my leaving cert in 2013. I heard ag science is a good subject and relates a lot with biology and also a bit with home ec. I'm trying to pick subjects that relate and also have projects :)

One of my students did Biology -Ag Science - Home Ec - Geography for their four choice subjects for LC this year and found it a help as there was overlap among all four of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Miss D, i think you lack common sense, or maturity or both.
    It explains why you're so hell bent on starting that course using the l.c path, when there are other ways to achieve the same result (either by doing a similar degree, or starting a similar course and transferring to that degree, or even getting a job for a few years and applying through the mature student route..)
    It also explains why you're considering doing the leaving cert a third time. It's a big waste of time. You're not really going to learn anything new.. Just how to cram.
    And it also explains why you're allowing yourself such a thin margin pointswise, and why you're not considering that the points requirement may rise, or that areas of the curriculum may have changed over the past few years...
    Give up on the leaving cert. Employers won't take you seriously if they find out you attempted it 3 times anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement