Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert help!

Options
  • 09-07-2014 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey I did my leaving cert last year. I did a plc this year but I am going back repeating the leaving for points for nursing. I would like opinions on my subject choice thank you.

Last years subjects I did:
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Biology
    Geography
    Art
    Home ec
    Lcvp

I'm thinking this year I'll do:
    English
    Biology
    Geography
    Home ec
    Art
    Ag science

Also I never did ag science. Is it a good subject to pick thanks, I am considering due to the fact, that it relates with biology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Don't you need a European language?

I'd say you should drop Art as it seems to be a lot of work, take up Chemistry perhaps if you want to do Nursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hey I did my leaving cert last year. I did a plc this year but I am going back repeating the leaving for points for nursing. I would like opinions on my subject choice thank you.

Last years subjects I did:
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Biology
    Geography
    Art
    Home ec
    Lcvp

I'm thinking this year I'll do:
    English
    Biology
    Geography
    Home ec
    Art
    Ag science

Also I never did ag science. Is it a good subject to pick thanks, I am considering due to the fact, that it relates with biology.

You should put maths in there as well as I'm sure you would need it for nursing.
    Home Ec - Isn't there a journal that you have to do in 5th year and it must be done before you start 6th year?

Biology - Tough course but can be done since you've done it before

Geography - likewise above

Ag Science - there is a lot of work in this subject and it does take up a lot of your time.

Have you considered taking up a language? It would be relatively simple to work on and less hassle when it comes to doing projects (all you have to worry about is Orals)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Tell me your pre results and LC results and we'll be able to help you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Don't you need a European language?

I'd say you should drop Art as it seems to be a lot of work, take up Chemistry perhaps if you want to do Nursing.

No I don't not for ucc, wit and ul for nursing

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You should put maths in there as well as I'm sure you would need it for nursing.
    Home Ec - Isn't there a journal that you have to do in 5th year and it must be done before you start 6th year?

Biology - Tough course but can be done since you've done it before

Geography - likewise above

Ag Science - there is a lot of work in this subject and it does take up a lot of your time.

Have you considered taking up a language? It would be relatively simple to work on and less hassle when it comes to doing projects (all you have to worry about is Orals)

Languages were never my best. I heard ag science is meant to relate to biology. I'm a bit worried about the project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, your other threads have been deleted. Please don't start the same thread in multiple forums.

oncex wrote: »
    Tell me your pre results and LC results and we'll be able to help you.:)
    I got 320 in leaving cert and 320 in pres. I still might be able to get nursing but places limited. I was a fool that I didn't work harder. Too sucked in with the drink and the boys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

No I don't not for ucc, wit and ul for nursing

So you do?

Advertisement