Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tricky Issue - Maybe

• 17-09-2014 4:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm migrating an Application discussed in a little more depth in the Software Dev sub forum, to RHEL v6.3 and at the moment, running a few scripts under one account is becoming an issue. I can run scripts from my own account, which is a basic user with a few extra privileges that allow me to run scripts.

I have another account on the same machine that I can access that has more elevated privileges. When I use my personal account, I can run scripts relating to the Application I'm moving. When I use the more privileged account, the won't run and through file/directory not found exceptions with log4j saying no appenders found and initialize log4j correctly. Sadly I don't have access to play around with log4j and see what's going. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I know you're saying you have extra privileges on the new box with alt account but have you checked the file/folder perms when you've performed the migration? Are there any dependencies that may not be installed on the new box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is it possible the scripts reference an environment variable which is not set for the privileged account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Both are possible. I'll check it out.

Advertisement