Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Identify

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

So, I have just discovered that some c u nt has been stealing my mail form my mail box for the last moth or so.

I'm very concerned about identify theft. I contacted an post who are investigating. I also asked the Irish credit Bureau to send me a credit report to see if any body was taking out loans or what not in my name.

I have just received the report and it said they had no information on me.... which I thought strange as I have a number of credit cards and a mortgage. I have never gone into the red with any of these accounts and when I rang them they said that that was the reason there was no information available....

I live in an apartment complex and we have all our mail boxes in the foyer. I know it is easy to just stick your hand in and take the mail without a key as I have done it before on many occasion (for my own mail obviously). I do not trust my neighbors in the slightest either.

I have requested that an post redirect my mail to my parents from now on.

Two cheques totaling 4000euro have being taken but not cashed.. they have now been cancelled.

I had a quick glance in the other letterboxes and could see that they have been receiving mail yet mine has been barren for 6 weeks.

Do you know of any other steps that i should take? any other way to see if someone is using my identify?? somewhere to buy a gun to shoot all my neighbors??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe a small hidden or nanny-cam overlooking the mail boxes could catch who's stealing from it? Just put some envelopes in it to act as bait.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Call your bank and advise them someone has stolen post that may include statements and ask them to put a flag on your account in case anyone tries anything. Also get in touch with the Gardai to repost the theft of the cheques.

Advertisement