Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Post Bank Have Amazing Customer Service

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

I signed up with An Post Post bank cause I wanted more control over my money online.

so 4 days on after signing up i did'nt get my package with log in details.

so I went on there site https://www.postbank.ie/portal/start.asp and emailed them to contact me I wrote in the email please contact me any time tomorrow will be fine.

Do you want to know how long I waited to be called back..... wait for it.

8 Minutes wow that's amazing could'nt believe it when the phone rang

you guys should check them out thats really good customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Or it could mean that they are so quiet they could get back to you so quickly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

cable842 wrote: »
    I signed up with An Post Post bank cause I wanted more control over my money online.

so 4 days on after signing up i did'nt get my package with log in details.

so I went on there site https://www.postbank.ie/portal/start.asp and emailed them to contact me I wrote in the email please contact me any time tomorrow will be fine.

Do you want to know how long I waited to be called back..... wait for it.

8 Minutes wow that's amazing could'nt believe it when the phone rang

you guys should check them out thats really good customer service.

Mustn't have been busy I guess.......

Any improvement in customer service by a financial institution should be welcomed; irrespective of their size or level of activity.

A positive anything is better than a negative nothing, when it comes to customer service.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭soden12

stepbar wrote: »
    Mustn't have been busy I guess.......

Maybe they work longer hours than the other banks.

Or maybe they actually work at real banking and don't be depending on NAMA to bail them out after all their crackpot decisions ?

Or maybe its a good thing to see an organisation in this country responding to customers at their first attempt.

soden12 wrote: »
    Maybe they work longer hours than the other banks.

Or maybe they actually work at real banking and don't be depending on NAMA to bail them out after all their crackpot decisions ?

Or maybe its a good thing to see an organisation in this country responding to customers at their first attempt.

Oops sorry, wrong answer, try again........

• Advertisement

Or maybe their staff aren't all heavily unionised ?

Or maybe they have a decent email system that delivers email ?

Or maybe they aren't all shuffling around wondering whose house to repossess ?

Or maybe they feel that the taxpayers (paye people) are sick of subsidising the main banks (who screwed us all) and there might be market opportunity ?

Or maybe it's because the others are so busy that they will be shedding between 15% and 20% of their staff over the next few years :eek:

Or maybe their staff aren't all heavily unionised ?

Or maybe they have a decent email system that delivers email ?

Or maybe they aren't all shuffling around wondering whose house to repossess ?

Or maybe they feel that the taxpayers (paye people) are sick of subsidising the main banks (who screwed us all) and there might be market opportunity ?

I guess that's the wrong answer too....

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys if you can't post anything constructive and helpful, don't bother posting.

Toots* wrote: »
    Guys if you can't post anything constructive and helpful, don't bother posting.

Unless you're a banker.

Anyway OP more to the point - does PostBank offer a full banking service - can you get your wages paid in ?

Can you setup Direct Debits (dodgy anyway) and/or standing orders ?

How long does it actually take to setup an account ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Unless you're a banker.
    You're pushing it now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

does PostBank offer a full banking service - can you get your wages paid in ?

Yes, they do.

Yes, you can.

I guess it depends on the individual - if you use a branch and have your ID documents to hand, I'd imagine you would be up and running within days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

I went into the gpo there. and there is this guy hes from northern ireland and really sound and very friendly any and i mean any question I asked he answered.

To set up the account it took 5 minutes photo copied two forms of id you just can't go wrong with that.

and 8 minutes response time is amazing. its not like me to say anything good about banks but the deserve the credit. :)
    Unless you're a banker.

Anyway OP more to the point - does PostBank offer a full banking service - can you get your wages paid in ?

Post bank closing down. that was quick.

post bank are closing down the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

yep, the writing was on the wall for me when they changed their interest rates on the large lump sum savings accounts from 4% to 1% last year. It's a pity because the post office provided very good opening hours and ease of access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Derekjames

I was disgusted to hear they are closing down as was thinking only about 2 weeks ago to set up an account. such a shame especially if they had very good customer service :(

Compared to any bank ever I dealt with they had great customer service.

Has to be said 8 min call back service thats really cool.

I was annoyed at one thing I know most of you wouldnt do this but I went to change bags of coins in a post office local one and the gpo.

And I was refused I said are you not A Post Bank ?

they said we are we but we dont accept coin......

Advertisement