Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bog Oak

• 18-09-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks

Would anyone happen to know anybody who could restore and polish a piece of bog oak I have,i am based in laois but any suggestions welcome.Thank you.

David Dempsey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Hi folks

Would anyone happen to know anybody who could restore and polish a piece of bog oak I have,i am based in laois but any suggestions welcome.Thank you.

David Dempsey

Is it a sculptured piece?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Hi folks

David Dempsey

Is it a sculptured piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jackie Boyce

If you can get it under cover it dries aprox 1" (from outside inwards) per year.
    I work with bogoak and sculpture a little but I prefer the natural shapes. In Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim there is a 'Sculpture Center' who would be interested in such a large piece. When dried (I have about twenty pieces drying out these past six years) and you want to display it outside, you would need to coat it with 'Boiled Linseed oil' to stop it deteriorating. I just coated on of my pieces yesterday that sits in my garden.
    I know one guy who fills a crate every week (4'x4') and ships it off to the USA and gets paid around £400 stg for it, so it could be worth quite a bit.
    I would try Leitrim Sculpture Center if I had it.

Best of luck
    Jackie Boyce

Advertisement