Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Bray to IADT

Options
  • 08-09-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm starting in IADT soon and was looking at transport options. The 45a takes 55 minutes to get from Bray to IADT and I'm not sure of how close it comes to the college or its route in Dun Laoghaire. I want to know should I get the 45a or just take the dart and walk? which would be quicker? Help from anyone who has attended IADT from Bray would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

http://www.iadt.ie/en/Visitors/MapsDirections/

Click on "Download a copy of the map detailing how to find us" for a useful PDF that shows the bus routes and location of IADT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 45A will drop you on Rochestown Avenue about 20 minutes walk from IADT.

Alternatively, you could take a 45 to Deans Grange Cross (also about 20 minutes walk) or a 145/84 to Foxrock Church and a 46A to Bakers Corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

DART to Dun Laoghaire station and then 46A takes you to Bakers Corner, virtually outside the door of IADT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

45 to Deansgrange which is a 10 minute walk away.

145/84 to Foxrock Church and 46A/75, The 75 passes right outside IADT and the 46A stop at Bakers Corner, a short walk away.

The 46A and 145 routes are very frequent so you would rarely be waiting more than a few minutes for a connection.

Dart to DunLaoghaire and 46A/75 from there.

It is quite a long walk from the 45A at either Rochestown Ave or Glenageary Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You'll have to study your payment options, seeing as Bray is outside the standard Dublin Bus zone.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    You'll have to study your payment options, seeing as Bray is outside the standard Dublin Bus zone.

Bray is within the normal fares area. The outer suburban fares do not start until south of Bray.

KC61 wrote:
    Bray is within the normal fares area. The outer suburban fares do not start until south of Bray.
    Ah, think may have changed since I used weekly/monthly tickets.

The basic monthly used to only be valid to something like Swords, Lucan and Shankill, weren't they?

Victor wrote:
    Ah, think may have changed since I used weekly/monthly tickets.

The basic monthly used to only be valid to something like Swords, Lucan and Shankill, weren't they?

You're thinking of the Citizone range of tickets which were abolished three or four years ago. Even then the Short Hop tickets were always available covering the entire network.

The standard cash fares continued to apply to different points than the Citizone boundary, and it is only routes 33, 33A, 65, 66, 67A, 84, 145 and 184 that are subject to the higher outer suburban fares scale beyond the points specified on page 234 of the current DB timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

KC61 wrote:
    You're thinking of the Citizone range of tickets which were abolished three or four years ago. Even then the Short Hop tickets were always available covering the entire network.

The standard cash fares continued to apply to different points than the Citizone boundary, and it is only routes 33, 33A, 65, 66, 67A, 84, 145 and 184 that are subject to the higher outer suburban fares scale beyond the points specified on page 234 of the current DB timetable!

why is the 184 included in that list - the others are all long distance routes, and its a local route (hypothetical question, but it doesn't make much sense).

loyatemu wrote:
    why is the 184 included in that list - the others are all long distance routes, and its a local route (hypothetical question, but it doesn't make much sense).

It is the area covered by the route that is in question, in that it is outside the standard fares area, rather than the distance covered. You couldn't have one fare on the 84 and another on the 184!!

The 184 beyond Lord Meath's Gate is not subject to the standard fares, but has a special fares chart that has the same fares as the 84 for trips between the various stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I know this is going off topic, but why are the fares different further out? Is it because the stops are further apart, does one stop = one stage? The 184 (for example) is no longer than (say) the 46A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

It's always amazed me that these fare listings aren't on the website (or, if they are, I've never been able to find them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

Victor wrote:
    But you still, apparently, have to apply to head office for the stage points. The route number links just go to the timetable pages, and the stage listings on those all seem to stop where the "normal" fare zone begins. Knowing the fares themselves isn't much use without stages (couldn't they just graft them on to the listings on the individual timetable pages, drawing attention to the point where outer suburban fares begin?).

Advertisement