Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Road Sign Database

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has SDCC started a new road sign database? I've notice that the ones in Lucna have all numbers assigned to them.

ANy one know what its about?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

kearnsr wrote:
    Has SDCC started a new road sign database? I've notice that the ones in Lucna have all numbers assigned to them.

ANy one know what its about?
    More info - is the number written on the pole or what?

Or are you talking about the Lxxxx numbers that have started to appear on signage for unclassified roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

The NRA have numbered all* the road signs on national roads.

*well, the ones they noticed when they did it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It was a white sticker with black numbers

Cant remember how many digits.

It isnt like SDCC bridge numbering system format wise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Whereabouts in Lucan? Anywhere on or approaching the N4? If so they are NRA numbers, not SDCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kearnsr wrote:
    It was a white sticker with black numbers
    Is this just the Rennicks manufaturing label?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Victor wrote:
    Is this just the Rennicks manufaturing label?

No it wasnt the rennicks number (them boys have some monolpy!)

murphaph wrote:

Whereabouts in Lucan? Anywhere on or approaching the N4? If so they are NRA numbers, not SDCC.

I've only seen them on new outer ring road in Lucan and all the new works they have done there.

If its an NRA number whats it for and when is the rest of the county getting done?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Whereabouts on the outer ring? at/near the N4/N7? I'd be surprised if they're not NRA numbers. AFAIK pretty much every sign has been logged at this stage. Whether or not that makes any difference remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

I've noticed them at the M1 junction for Julianstown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

All the Lxxxx junctions have been signed on the R755, R752 R747 Glendalough to Arklow roads and a good few others in Wickla

I've seen them at the Lucan N4 junctions both at Texaco and Superquinn.

They only have 4 digits so the heights they can go to is 9999. Doesnt seem right for a national register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Kearnr:

I believe each road has its signs numbered separately.

Advertisement