Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pendred Fight

• 19-07-2014 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭

My first count of it it took 3/4 seconds... :confused:

Mike king went to sleep in that time.. So what do boards mma fans think of it?

(I think it was pure bullsh!t) I'm not a pure MMA fan by any means but from locking in the sub to it being deemed a finish is :pac: to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Have you ever been put to sleep by a RNC? When you hit it t right, sweet dreams in seconds.

This thread is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've seen many RNC but never seen one finish so quick.. That is my doubt. It was barely set then King went to sleep.. I'll be gladly corrected if something is posted...

To clear my thoughts, from it being set to the finish it took a max 3/4 seconds Mike never fought it.. And went too sleep. No tap. More or else sleep and that was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So you think Pendred is a wizard?

JJayoo wrote: »
    So you think Pendred is a wizard?

Clearly not JJayoo.. I'm not continuing this convo I'll be considered a troll :o carry on in the UFC dublin thread. (i won't be there)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Try to get some spoiler tags on that thread title! Otherwise you might get a ban

Sorry, for any spoilers that when on in this thread :o:( seriously!!

Mods can you lock this up please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

A proper rear naked takes 3-5 seconds, King was very tired, hard to fight it in that state. Great fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,607 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

user2011 wrote: »
    My first count of it it took 3/4 seconds... :confused:

Mike king went to sleep in that time.. So what do boards mma fans think of it?

(I think it was pure bullsh!t) I'm not a pure MMA fan by any means but from locking in the sub to it being deemed a finish is :pac: to me.
    First off, you are right in that he went out fast. But your mistake is assuming that this is means something was wrong.

RNC is a blood choke, when it's applied fully it ****s off blood to the brain and you go out in seconds. But it's not as simple as the time for one choke verses another. A lot of the time when a fighter has RNC in position, it's not fully compressing the artery because of the angle, position or the way a fighter is defending it. Letting some blood through and giving the fighter some time. But fully close it and you've got seconds, add in an increased heartrate using oxygen up quicker and it's less if imagine.

He most likely just hit a sweet spot with the choke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement